Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Make My Monday #13: Photo Inspiration

Link
Okay, I was a bit of a rebel this week for my MMM card. I DID use the above photo for inspiration, but I knew that most entries would have a bird cage, and so I purposefully did NOT use one. Instead, I used the colors of the photo to inspire me more than the overall picture. :)

Before I show my card, I just want to send warmest regards to the ladies of Make My Monday and tell them how incredibly thankful I am that they have chosen me for Top Three two weeks in a row--thank you! I really needed it more than you will ever know. Okay, now to the card...

Here it is!~

I embossed the bird image and the EVERYTHING part of the sentiment in silver to match the centers of the flowers.

Here's a closer look at those two details~


I had so much fun putting flowers and leaves together for this card! I purposefully wanted the leaves to spill over the edges because the flowers in the photo look like they are almost hanging off the table.

A closer look at the flowers~




Thank you so much for taking a little bit of time out of your day to come and look at my blog! You are awesome! I hope you're inspired to create something of beauty today! Happy crafting!

7 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Mynette, hello again :) Thank you for your lovely comments. You so deserve your top 3 places, your work is lovely. This is another beautiful card for this week's challenge. The embossing on the bird is gorgeous. See you next month for a completely new theme at Make My Monday! xx

Suzi B said...

Hi Mynette, Your cards are lovely and you deserve your "top three" spot. this is another pretty card.
Thank you for sharing in Make My Monday.
Suzi B :)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynnette - great interpretation of the picture, the flowers are so pretty and your embossed bird is gorgeous. Thank you so much for finding the time to play along with us again at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Maribel said...

Very, very beautiful, I love the flowers,

Cazro said...

My fellow DT have said it, you deserve to have been placed in the Top 3. This week I like your card for it's simplicity yet it is very detailed, with the bird and the flowers, beautiful. Again many thanks for your continued support at MMM. Caz

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! Your kind comments make my day! :)

Fliss said...

A really beautiful card Mynnette. Love the embossed bird and your flowers are so gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining in again at Make My Monday and for the continued support which means such a lot.
Fliss xx