Sunday, October 23, 2011

A little bit of CASEing...

In the craft world we have a term for what is negatively referred to in the "real" world as "copying". We call it CASEing! CASE stands for "copy and share everything"! We as stampers love to inspire others and it is totally flattering to be CASEd!

Well, I love to CASE layouts, color schemes, anything! So you must understand my drooling over a new blog I found--CASE Study! It's a weekly challenge where they give an inspiration card and you CASE it! For details about this week's featured stamper, click here.

Here's the card for this weeks CASE~

Super gorgeous! Niki is one talented stamper!!! I'm so excited about my first entry to this challenge--it is a fabulous layout!!!

So, here's my card~

I gave it to my little sister yesterday as her 9th birthday card. I don't know if you can tell, but her favorite color is PURPLE. Did ya catch that?! ;D

Anyway, here's a close up of the glittery sentiment and the BLING~

And the shimmery flowers (I used my homemade glimmer mist)~

I colored in the word "BIRTHDAY" with blender pens and purple ink and then colored over that with a clear glitter gel pen by Sakura. Love me some glitter. Love me some glimmer. Love me some bling!

My sister L-O-V-E-D this card--she told me that she was never gonna get rid of it for ETERNITY! :D I'm so pleased with it, as well!

Thanks for stopping by to take a looksie--I hope you like what you see! I'm excited to participate in CASE Study this week and am planning on making it a weekly tradition! Why don't you come and join us? Happy CASEing! :)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Fantastic! I love the embossing on your card base, and the glitter on the sentiment is wonderful. I must get one of those pens! Don't you love it when you get such a great reaction to a card you made? It makes all the effort more than worthwhile. I hope your sister had a wonderful birthday!

Mynnette said...

Thanks, Michelle! :)

Jacqueline said...

I love purple too and that card is gorgeous.
Mynnette I think you know that I am from the MMM blog and we on the design team would like to offer you the position of Guest Designer for the month of November. We love your work and we are really grateful for all the lovely comments that you leave us. If you are interested please e-mail me on deezinesart@gmail.com and I will send you some more details. - Jacqueline xx

Mynnette said...

Jacqueline, I am so incredibly honored! I will email you asap!

Debby said...

Wonderful and so great for a purple loving 9 year old! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Great colours! I'm not a big fan of purple, but your card is lovely :)

Mynnette said...

Thanks, ladies!