Friday, November 4, 2011

Pastel Case Study

Well, it's a new month! Yep, November! It's a good month for me. :) Four days off work, wedding anniversary, and good food that I don't have to cook! The joys of living near both sets of parents... *sigh*

So, anyway, back to my original chain of thought! November! New month! Man, I resolved not to use so many {!}. Guess I'll just have to renig on that resolution, because I L-O-V-E them!!!!! Wow...I am having serious problems focusing...

NOVEMBER. NEW MONTH. And that means...new Case Study subject!!! This month, it is the very talented Kryssi Ng from her blog, Sugar Buffet. Pop on over and check her out--she's amazing!!!

Here's the card we're casing this month~
Isn't it gorgeous!? Well, I do not have any die cuts or even a die cut machine. I've been draggin' my feet about which to buy...so many options...so many choices...so many decisions to make about what I want. Sooo....the point of that statement is that I could not make such a fabulous open area as Krissy. BUT, I do have a TON of punches!!! So, I grabbed one that looked similar to the shape of Krissy's and grabbed some paper and started stamping.

I decided to kind of do a "negative" effect of Krissy's card...meaning I used mainly black cardstock instead of white. And instead of lined stamps, I used solids. See? "Negative"/opposite effect! :)

Here's my final product~I call it Pastel Thank You~

Isn't is cute! I really liked how it turned out! Yes, I added glitter. I am a glitter addict. Problem? ;D I thought it just needed a little somethin' since it's a smaller area of image.

Here's a closer look~

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek! I hope you like my try at Krissy's style--it was fun! Thanks for another great challenge, Casin' ladies! I cannot wait to see what you've got for us next week! Happy casing!!! :D

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is super cute, luv the black front....hope you have a super fun weekend!

enjoy *~*

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Very pretty!!!!!!! Great job on the challenge :)
Maria

Kalyan said...

Simply beautiful...lovely work!

Debby said...

Great idea to use the black card front - it really focuses the eye on the beautiful stamping. Thanks for joining us at CASE study

Lisa said...

Wow Mynnette this is elegant. The black was a fabulous choice and the butterfly looks perfect with your little flower garden!!

Ellen said...

Oh so cute! I love glitter too, so I think it is perfect on this card. The black really makes the card shine :D

Mynnette said...

Thank you, friends! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such a striking design! Love how you glittered the flowers! Thank you for playing CASE Study this week!