Saturday, March 24, 2012

CASE with black magic...

Hello! It's been quite a while since I've participated in CASE Study challenges, and so I really wanted to get a card done for it this week!


I also really wanted to participate in the CAS-ual Friday challenge where they're asking us for something BOLD and BEAUTIFUL--meaning black with pastels.

Since it's been a long time since I used my colored pencils, I decided to use the black magic technique. It's quite easy. Just stamp a bold image in white craft ink, wait for it to dry, and then color over it in colored pencil or crayon, whatever coloring method you prefer! it always turns out incredibly stunning!

Here's the CASE card by the lovely Laura Bassen~

And here's my CASE~

Isn't that black magic just amazing?! Need a closer look? It wouldn't be my blog if you couldn't have one! ;)

Details~



Thanks for stopping by and looking at my little card tonight--it was tons of fun to make and I know I'll be using Laura's fabulous layout again! Thanks for the fun challenges, everyone! Happy stamping! :)

12 comments:

Dena J said...

Yes, beautiful and amazing. This is a new technique to me. Do you use a pigment type white? Not sure what white craft ink is, but I want to try this! Thank you for sharing a gorgeous card.

Victoria said...

Absolutely stunning!

Katy said...

Very pretty!!

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Awesome technique ~ thank you so much for sharing!!!
Nancy xx :D

Lisa said...

Wowzers Mynnette excellent work!!! Love this one 😃

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow amazing work , especially love the second one such amazing techniques well done you !

Marie

Laurie said...

Your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Oh wow! Stunning! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Maureen said...

just stunning!! I've only tried that technique once but this card makes me want to try it again!! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

cbuswell said...

What a great technique, such a great effect! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Suzanne Russell said...

Love it! Great combination of challenges! I'm into the Black Magic. :)

Dana said...

*gasp* Utterly fabulous and perfect for the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays! Thanks so much for joining us:)