Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick post...

I have a quick post for you today, since I've been MIA lately.  This is the card that I sent my cousin after her husband passed away after a long battle with cancer.  He was in his early 30s.  He left his wife (my cousin) and their 6 year old daughter along with other family members. 

Here is the card~

Details~




For these challenges~

CASE Study: Laurie Schmidlin's card (inspired by polka dots, pop of color, and few layers)

365 Cards: Day 45-I've Been Framed
2 Sisters Challenge: Must have flowers in your stamped image

Thanks for stopping by and bearing with my slight absence--I hope to be back and running daily SOON!  Don't forget to check out Technique Tuesday for a fun new monthly challenge, if you fancy! :)  Happy stamping!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

What a lovely sympathy card Mynnette,i'm sure your cousin greatly appreciated the love that went into it.

Vee Cassidy said...

Hello, Mynette I came to see after your kind comments on my blog re my entry to MMM as your comment about details sparked a kindred spirit vibe!! I was just going to paste in they reply I left to your comment on my blog but now I am here I can see that you do share my liking of detail. However I can't just leave since I saw this card and read this post. Your card is so lovely and thoughtful I am sure it will bring her comfort at a difficult and sad time. Kind regards Vee xx
my reply was:
thank you very much, Mynette. I love details of cards too - I am always worried that it seems a bit precious to others but it is what I like to see from other people's cards. Happy to join the challenge. Vee xx

ps don't know if this connotation of precious travels the ocean well but here it is sometimes used in this context as being a bit overly into our own work!! (Which I am not!!)

Ardyth said...

Such a sad occasion for this beautiful card. Love the bling.

Jean said...

It's a beautiful card ~ I love both of those floral stamps ~ Early 30's is way too young to die ~ My thoughts and prayers are with your family

DoBea A. said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful! What a wonderful treasure for someone going through a hard time. And that second card is so clean and simple, so pretty!!

Kim x said...

What a beautiful card Mynnette, I'm sure it will be treasured.
hugs Kimx

Bev said...

Mynette your card has beautiful words and looks Fab. I'm sure your cousin and her family will take great comfort from it during this difficult time.

God Bless, Bev.x

Aleksandra said...

Beautiful card! I love the verse and I love those shiny flowers!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

baileyrosy said...

oh how sad Mynnette such a young man. This card is beautiful and very tasteful and am sure your cousin will appreciate your kind words.

Marie

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowza, this is a stunner!!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Jean Martin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. He was so young at that! Your card is beautiful and I'm sure your cousin will appreciate it. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge.