Saturday, May 5, 2012

It seems...

...that I'm making cards by twos lately!  I've got two more cards to show you! ;)  And both are really different from one another.  I showed them to my DH, and his response was that he couldn't believe that I'd made both of them because of how different they were.  I choose to be flattered. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to make these two cards!

Here's the first one~

Details~




A year ago, I would never have made a card like this.  I was a mediocre stamper and had NO IDEA how to make a truly CAS card.  Thankfully, there are fabulous CAS challenges out there that have seriously challenged me to become better at making CAS cards.  I'm really proud of this one! 

Entering it into~



  So, I bet you're wondering about the second card.  NOT clean and simple...quite packed, actually, and I stamped the inside as well!  SHOCKED?!  I was, too, when I realized I had done that! ;)
  
Here's the card~

Details~



Inside~




I know.  Totally different.  I honestly am surprised I made these at the same time and that I was able to focus on the different styles and make them work.  I feel so blessed to have the talent to create these cards!  This one is PERFECT for my mother--it's just HER style, even if my card making doesn't have one! ;)


Entering it into~




Thanks so much for stopping by and also for putting up with my longish blogs this week!  Hope everyone's weekend is spectacular!  Happy stamping!!! :)

20 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW!!!
Both cards are winners! I'm totally floored by the CASE study HB card! It IS fabulous! The candles are pretty fantastic! :)

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous.

Debbie said...

So lovely ... packed with shabby goodness! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Please be sure to review our RULES page and only include your submission for our challenge in your post in order to be eligible for the weekly honors and prizes.

Samantha said...

Hey hunny 2 great cards but I have to say I LOVE the first ones with the black and vibrant colours those are awesome, the 2nd one is pretty and love the summer rose garden feel to it! Great job! Hugs me xx

Ellen said...

Two more beauties! I need to improve my skills with CAS cards. I am actually going to focus on that today. The birthday card is fantastic. I love the glitter on the flames. And the MD card is so gorgeous. I'm sure your DM will love it very much!
hugs,
Ellen

Lisa said...

These are both fabulous Mynnette! Love the pop of the colored candles on the first and the tiny touch of bling! Then your second card is packed full of pretty details, love those sweet stick pins!!

Deanna Jean said...

Both of your cards are amazing.

Victoria said...

Mynnette, these are absolutely stunning! The boldness of the first is remarkable and the second is just gorgeous.... pinned for future inspiration! Thanks for the heads up about the scrapbooking challenge - will try to get organised this week to enter!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards Mynnette - loads of lovely colours - Jacqueline xx

Sarah C said...

Such beautiful cards!! I love how you can create such cool cards is different styles. Great work!

Gayatri said...

Bother you cards are beautiful, Mynnette! What do you mean by you are a mediocre stamper? Your work is just gorgeous. You are a great cardmaker :) Love your first card with coloured candles pop against the black background. Thanks so much for playing along @ CAS-ual Friday :)

wilwarine said...

two great cards. I really like the black card with the colour touch.

Stephanie Washburn said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Mynnette! LOVE the graphic feel of the first card- the colors really POP! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Maureen said...

oh, you nailed the CAS style and then some!! AND then created a beautiful vintage one! I too am trying to get better at CAS and Aga is the perfect Muse! LOVE the background on the black card stock! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Ardyth said...

Love your take on the case - if you can believe I had that stamp set and sold it - what was I thinking?! I may have to head to ebay now that I've seen your card!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great job on your CAS card, Mynnette! You really have come a long way, baby!

Teneale Williams said...

All your cards are amazing, you are so talented! I love the CASE Study card it is totally fun and the second card down I am loving the embossed flowers. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study.

Debby said...

Yep two very different styles but you nailed both! I love your take on Aga's black beauty and then there's the detailed and dimension of your second card! Wonderful. Thanks for joining CASE study and Casual Fridays this week :)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow! lovely cards, I love the second one, really gorgeous detail, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

Jenny said...

I just love the pop of colour from those candles on your first card Mynette and the embossed bkgd is awesome :0)
Thanks for joining the fun @CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x