Saturday, June 2, 2012

It'll be a busy day here...

Yeah.  I stayed up WAY TOO LATE last night.  BUT, I have 4 cards that I seriously regard as some of my best!  I will be adding them one per post as they all are so different and because I don't want the DTs from the challenges I'm entering to be overwhelmed by the amount of cards in one post.  It's just not nice.  But I digress!

This first card that I have to show you is a card that was a bit of a "panic attack" for me...I'll tell you why after I show you the card.

Here it is~

Details~





For these challenges~





Okay, so WHY was this card a "panic attack" for me?  Because I was really freaking out about the splatter!  I don't DO splatter...at least not often enough to consider myself okay with it.  BUT, I wanted splatter because it looks so cool on Agnieszka's card!  So, I grabbed my homemade glimmer mist in blue and tried my hand at it.  It dried all crinkly.  I tried to flatten it.  IT STILL CURLED.  So, I just added A BUNCH of dimensionals to the back and prayed it would look semi-flat!  Because I was really happy with the splatter.  Before I dimensionalized it, though, I thought I'd stamp some flourishes.  Which freaked me out.  Because the SPLATTER WAS GOOD.  And I didn't want to ruin it!  So, this was a trial of faith.  And because I had enough, it turned out well...at least in my opinion!  What do YOU think?!  My favorite element is the star--I inked it up with Tempting Turquoise ink, sprayed it with the glimmer mist, and stamped.  It totally looks perfect!

Thanks for coming over today to see my card--so glad you came!  I hope to see you again soon and I can't wait to see some of your fabulous creations!  Happy stamping, friends!!! :)

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

Well, I think it looks magnificent!

Tonya H said...

This card is fabulous! he colors are fantastic! I love the star too. I love it!

Shoregirl said...

I love the splatter...it turned out GREAT! Sometimes when I do glitter mist I emboss it afterwards and that straightens it out.....when I don't emboss I will stack books on it to flatten it out. Of course, you have to wait to use it if you do the second method.

Teresa Kline said...

sweetness!

enjoy *~*

Lisa said...

Your splatter looks great Mynnette and I think the star is my favorite part too!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card :)

NGCARDS said...

Such a cute creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Victoria said...

WOW pretty much says it all about this card.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this, Mynnette! Great take on the challenge. I especially like the watermarks on the big, blue star. Nice touch!

Vee said...

Fabulous card,love the image and colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Katy said...

Mynnette-thank you for joining my 4th of July card challenge at I Like to Cut and Paste! I love your splatter and this card is so pretty! Link up as many times as you like!

Maureen said...

ah, it all worked out! LOVE all the bling and the fun banner :) THanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week;)

cbuswell said...

Stunning card, lovely details! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

paperella said...

Gorgeous and so perfectly balanced! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

xxxtglxxx said...

What a delightful card Mynette :) Its like a firework explosion1 :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lisa A. said...

Love all the very cool elements on your card...the splatters, flourishes, stars, bling...all wonderfully put together:)!! Great card, Mynnette!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Ha!! I don't do splatter either, but I feel like you completely and utterly MASTERED that technique!! Every detail of this project is perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad that you did!!