Friday, October 26, 2012

Just because{ish}

I think I'm obsessed with using {ish} at the end of my titles.  It makes things vague and that's how my life is feeling right now...not really in a depressing way, just vague{ish}.  You know.  Blah{ish}.  I'm sure you get the picture...{ish}.  ;)

So the title means that, yeah, this post is kinda just because but also as a way to whine.  MY LAPTOP IS STILL MIA.  IT HAS BEEN A WEEK IN THE SHOP AND LONGER BEING DEAD!  WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!  WHY CAN'T THEY RUSH THE PART?!  WHY?!  WHY?!  Okay, I'm done.  Thanks for bearing with me! ;)

So anyway, yes.  My laptop is still dead.  AND, this post, by the end, will have taken the better part of an hour to write and post because my desk top is not.  Yes, that's it.  It's just NOT{ish}. ;)  But I do have a card to share with you and I'm rather excited about it because it's the first card where I've ever used Liquid Pearls as an accent!!!

Here's the card~

Details~





For these fabulous challenges~

(by the lovely Julia Stainton)
 
(I've opted to use colors only...not Halloween themed)

(I've used markers to color in my image)

I used a brand spankin' new stamp set from Cloud 9 Designs.  Yes.  Another brand spankin' new stamp set.  It's call retail therapy, folks, and it's exceedingly been needed!  I colored in the image with Stampin' Up! markers and the rest of the supplies used were from SU! as well! Except the Liquid Pearls by Ranger.  They're in the middle of the flowers, you see them?  Anyway, there you have it!

In other news{ish}, I will be attending the bi-annual craft supply garage sale at the store I told you about back in April.  Stay tuned to see what amazing{ish} deals I find...my DH is going with me to make sure I don't spend all our cash, lol!  I'll be going tomorrow (the first day) and then next Friday for the 1/2 price day!!!  Oh, the fun I shall have spending money on glorious craft items! ;)  Thanks for stopping by--if you've read all of this (and understood{ish} any of it), you are a saint!  Happy stamping! :)

14 comments:

Kylie said...

Well! Hopefully your laptop will be back soon{ish} you poor thing. We always want what we cant have now{ish}. ;) ;)
Right, back to your beeyootiful card. Really stunning, Mynette! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Nancy Y said...

Love this card Mynnette ~ it's Gorgeous!! Have a great time at the craft garage sale ~ can't wait to hear about your finds!
Nancy xx :D

Katy said...

A beautiful card Mynnette! Love the liquid pearls-I have those to. You may have motivated me to dust them off! :)

Sorry about your laptop. But have fun shopping! :)

Marlena M. said...

This is gorgeous Mynnette! I love the warm colors and bling~

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card with great elements. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Danielle Vincent said...

Beautful card Mynnette - in love with those gorgeous fall colors! I followed and understood(ish) it all. Buy something fun and thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Patrice said...

I am totally into 'ish' myself. I hear you and know exactly where you're coming from. Do hope your lovely lappy will be home and healthy again soon.

Gorgeous card - as always. Loving all those pretty pearls. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATS&M - again(ish) tee hee hiccup.

Lisa said...

Beautiful Autumn card Mynnette!!

Pia S said...

Black can be so dramatic, but you've balanced it so well with the earthly colors and the softness from the circles. Great card!

Cazro said...

Fabulous card Mynette, love your colouring on this. Hope your soonish connected to the internet.Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.
Caz

Christina said...

Really lovely job with these colors, Mynnette! The Liquid Pearls look great for the flower centers, and I love the repetition of the dots. Hope you got your laptop back! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Nonni said...

I love the colors on your card! The liquid pearls looks amazing too. Thank you for playing with the ATSAM Make Your Mark Challenge, I hope you join in our current Bingo Challenge as well!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mynnette,
This is a lovely card, and I love your colour combo, a great take on our challenge.
Hope your internet problems have now been resolved(ish).
Thanks for joiining us at FSC
Avril xx

Fliss said...

Sorry this is so late Mynnette, struggling to keep up with my comments.
Gorgeous card, so elegant and a lovely image. Thanks for sharing it with us at FSC, lovely to see you there.
Hugs, Fliss xx