Friday, December 21, 2012

Bold & Bright

Well, I am a little sick of red and green right now.  My WHOLE house is red and green.  The world is red and green.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and I feel that it is really important to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but I am sick of red and green...so I've branched out!!!

I have created a few cards to share with you that use some bold and bright colors and patterns.  I do hope you'll forgive me sharing two cards in one post--this is a busy time of year!  I know you understand. ;)

This first card is a Sponsor Spotlight for Inkspirational--a new challenge going live in January.  It uses Milk 'n' Coffee Digital Stamps and the image that I've used is called Lisbeth Loves Sunflower.  She's such a doll!!!

Here's the card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~

20121201-224642.jpg



I colored this little doll with Stampin' Up! markers.  Patterned papers are by Authentique and DCVW.  Rest of cardstock by SU! and rhinestones & ribbon from stash.  I think it turned out great!

The second card that I've got using bold & bright colors is made with a fabulous image from A Day For Daisies.  I LOVE this card!!!  It turned out better than I expected!

Here's the card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~





I was totally inspired by the rhinestone swirl and the gold accents on the CASE card--such fabulous inspiration!  I also had tons of fun paper piecing this digi image with papers by DCVW.  I finished coloring the image with Stampin' Up! markers and a bit of glitter gel pen. 

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my cards!  Your visits mean the world to me!  Please join us at Inkspirational because we've got a giveaway going on!!!  Please join in the fun at these other challenges, too! Happy stamping, friends! :)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the branching out today Mynnette! Such sweet images on bothe cards and cheerful colors too

mulberry station said...

Mynnette, both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous. I love the paper piecing. It adds so much to a card. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Mynnette, I love your card what a sweet image just so lovely, wonderful colours and lovely paper piecing and embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck and here's wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

sandie said...

these interstate so cute and your colouring great, lovely to see such different colours!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh your cards are simply wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ADFD in our "mad for Plaid" challenge.

Stamping in Pink said...

what a lovely change from Christmas cards and creations! I'm hoping to finsh my last two today and hope to have four blogged and scheduled for over the holiday!
Mynnette - while I'm here - thank you so many times over and over again hun! Being part of your Crew made me one very happy and proud crafter - you've no idea how much it has lifted me and how much I love it!
I hope you, your DH and family have a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful, prosperous and happy 2013 Karen x

Heide said...

Beautiful cards.
Love the darling image that you used from ADFD. Nice to see colors other than red and green, you are right I do get tired of them. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

I hear ya about taking a stand against red and green. And what lovely cards you've created not using it!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

creatingwithpaper said...

Beautiful coloring jobs! Your color choices are just perfect. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Sharon Basel said...

This is a lovely card and the colors are so refreshing and pretty after all the green and red of the season. Beautifully done. So glad you could join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Crea-Sandra said...

Mynette, all of your cards are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
♥ Sandra ♥

Andrea Ewen said...

Both cards are beautiful...I love all the wonderful coloring and the amazing detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!