Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Playing around...

So, I have received quite a few digi and other winnings the past few weeks and I need to play with them!  Since I was blessed with another day off of work, that's just what I'm doing today!  I've got a CAS card using some digis from Digi Stamp Boutique that I'd like to share with you.

Here's the card~

Details~



Inside of card.
For these fabulous challenges~



(True friendship is seeing the good in others--
no matter who they are.)

Like I said above, my vased flowers are by Digi Stamp Boutique, my inside stamps are by Hero Arts, my dry embossing folder is by Darice, a single rhinestone from my stash, and all other supplies are Stampin' Up!.

This card is destined for a friend who is having a struggle with self worth.  I'm sure we all know how hard it is to feel good about ourselves when the media and society dictate what "pretty" or "good" is and so this card will be a reminder that each of us is perfect in his or her own way because God made us and God does NOT make junk. 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!  I do hope you'll join in the fun at these fabulous challenges--there is always some amazing inspiration to be had in the DT work and galleries!  HUGS and happy stamping, friends!!!

22 comments:

fabiola jaques said...

c'est adorable Mynnette, biz

Susan said...

Beautifully done, Mynnette! I love the color combo and the embossing!

Greta said...

Fabulous card! Love the dry embossed section--gotta try that!

Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Mynnette!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Karen M said...

Beautiful, love the embossing and colouring on this pretty card. Kx

Lisa said...

What sweet little vases of flowers! Pretty card Mynnette, should lift your friends spirits right up!

Stamping in Pink said...

just gorgeous hun and so perfect for a friend Karen x

Samantha said...

Fabulous card hunny! love the inside too! hugs me x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love this sweet mix of colours and images! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week :) Chupa xxx

Jacqueline said...

Mynnette - you are a one woman card factory - where do you get your energy?!
Thanks for using our colours at CAS - Colours and Sketches - Jacqueline xx

Amy V. said...

A beautiful card with an especially beautiful and important message!

Chrissie said...

Just lovely Mynnette!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ellen said...

Just beautiful Mynnette! I just got that embossing folder! I hope to be back in my craft studio soon.
Hugs
Ellen

sandie said...

I LOVE this Mynnette! I really like the use of the olive as the card stock with the line of embossing to give it texture. This combined with the simplicity of the flowers makes for a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colour and Skethes

Jeanne J said...

Perfect take on the inspiration! Your soft coloring is beautiful!

Louise van Vuren said...

I am amazed by your constant stream of creativity Mynnette! This is a stunning card, love that you've used the green CS, and those images are so beautifully coloured. The ebmbossing is inspired! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Debby said...

Sweet images! Love the addition of the embossing. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jen said...

this is just gorgeous mynnette

Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kathyk said...

Great colours - makes a great cad, love the embossing too

Kathyk

mypapercraftworld said...

Fab and fun image, love the colour combination and the sentiment is perfect! Anita in France :)

Karen (carefree creations) said...

This is so sweet! I love the way you used the embossing strip. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

sandie said...

well done for winning Mynnette-this was a fab card x