Friday, January 18, 2013

Steroid shot...

Has anyone else ever had a steroid shot before?  I cannot sleep, I'm a bit hyper (which is really strange when I cough), and my hip is really sore, lol!  The good side effect?  I've made 5 cards!!!

I couldn't go to work because I'm still contagious with a sever upper respiratory infection (hence the shot...and meds) and so I watched TV and made a few cards as well.  I had to get up and walk quite a bit as my hip really hurts if I stay in the same position for too long, but at least I can breathe and the coughing has abated!!!  I'm gonna share all the cards throughout the next few days depending on how I feel--five cards in one post is exceedingly excessive!

Here's the first one~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




This card uses a fabulous rose digi by Digi Stamp Boutique--they've got some beautiful images and you should check them out! I used a sentiment by Hero Arts (set can be found HERE for an amazing price!) and a doily by Wilton--yeah, the cake people.  All the rest of my supplies are by Stampin' Up! except the dry embossing folder by Sizzix.


Thanks for taking a peek at my card.  I fear that the rest will not be as good--my photography is off because of the random coughing, lol!  I hope you take some time to join in some of these fabulous challenges!  Happy stamping! :)

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww poor thing hope you're on the mend soon. Your card is beeee...autiful! Love the pretty doily and ribbon with those sweet blooms.

Tammy said...

Hope things start looking up for you! Beautiful card, thanks so much for sharing with {Pin}spirational Challenge this week!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card! I don't know whether to wish to a quick recovery, or not (looking at what you create when you're ill!). I do hope you are better soon and that the steroid bruise goes away quickly.

I have had a steroid shot, for an allergic reaction. Steroid in one "cheek" and antihistamine in the other. I couldn't sit down for weeks! Wah!

Tonya said...

Mynnette, this is beautiful. I hope you feel better soon.

sandie said...

this is beautiful and how do you do this when poorly!!
Love the glitter on the roses and feel better soon x

Jacqueline said...

Poor you Mynnette - hope you feel better soon.
Your creativity is still blooming - love your card, the colours are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Jeanne J said...

Oooh that shimmer on the flowers is so Yummy! Your card is beautiful so clean and professional looking!

CreatErin said...

Such a pretty card! I love the sparkle on the flowers *Ü*. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Great card, love the image and the colours!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Pinspirational Challenges!

Mel xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely die cutting and great details, love the glittered flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week :) Chupa xxx

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely card! The flowers look beautiful with the glitter! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Debby said...

Love the shimmer on the flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Starla B. said...

Gorgeous! I love the doily and the glittery flowers. I hope you are feeling better! Thank you for playing along at Sassy Studio Designs!

xx Star (SSD DT)

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Very pretty card!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~