Friday, March 22, 2013

The last two...


 




I said I'd be back with the other 2 cards and so here I am!  I know it's supposed to be spring here in the northern hemisphere, but could someone please tell the weather?!  It's supposed to snow/ice today here and I am just not really that happy about it.  I'm cold!!!  Anyway, my longing for spring has been transferred into these cards, I think.

Here's the first card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~


(Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves)

(Inspired by layout and sunshine day theme.)


I've used washi tape by Studio 112, patterned papers by Recollections, stamps by Technique Tuesday, and all other supplies are from Stampin' Up!.

Here's something funny to go along with the song I chose.~
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S3Pe66JrVcs/TjTCSBbuiHI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/Rc-GZ0I7Fxk/s1600/walken+on+sunshine.jpg

Oh, sunshine, I wish you would show yourself today!  I love the bright and happy feeling this card has.  AND it's relatively flat--so perfect for mailing!

Here's the second card~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~




This card was fun to make!  I've used patterned paper by Recollections, a woodgrain folder by Darice, florists tape (yep--that green stuff is florists tape!), and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my cards!  I hope you like what you see and that you're inspired to create something fabulous today!  Why not join in these amazing challenges?!  HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

26 comments:

Charlene said...

I almost feel guilty...We've had the most beautiful weather it's felt like spring, but it will go back to rain next week for a while. I hope you warm up!!

I love both your cards!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

samantha's cards said...

love these cards.

Lisa said...

Love your sunshine card Mynnette, great use of the Washi tape!! And the little red polka dots peeking out on your second card are too sweet!!

Kara said...

Love how you have used the washi!! It is definitely sunshine-y!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week!!

Rosemary said...

love, love, love your CASology/ColourQ card... fab use of washi tape!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Two more beauties - your eye for colour combinations is really good - love the sunny pops of yellow! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Deborah Anton said...

How fun is this! I love the cut outs with polka dots dp! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

Patrice said...

Cheerio!!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-212.html

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I love that song by Katrina and the Waves...what a happy song and a happy card, too! I love the blue and yellow washi tapes...perfectly sunny! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful cards and a lovely use of the throwdown colors in the second one! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Mynette, your washi tape is a lovely part of your design! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Pia S said...

Great job with the washi tape, you've really caught the spring feel with this card! And I do like the wooden embossed one too - such a clever way to incorporate some color to your card by cutting out those circle shapes!

Ros Crawford said...

Yes I am cold too! But your cards are very warming ... love what you did with that woodgrain embossed card ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two wonderful cards, Mynnette! I love the wood effect and use of negative space in the second one and the first one is so clever with the washi tape and perfect sentiment. Hugs, Lesley

creatingwithpaper said...

Wow Mynnette! These are GORGEOUS! I really like your use of the tape and your embellishment on both cards are beautiful! You are truly talented!
- Shauna

wienerhoneymooners said...

I just purchased the AE Sunshine sentiments, and I am utterly inlove with them!!! Super washi card, love the color combo!

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! loooove these two cards. the first one is fantastic with that washi tape. AND I adore those cut out circles on the first one. very cute, design.

fabiola jaques said...

super joli, j'adore cet effet, biz

Meghan said...

Your blue and yellow washi is the perfect spring backdrop for this card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Totally awesome Mynnette - I love everything about it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's colourQ!

Jen W. said...

Two more beauties! Loving the use of the washi tape on the first one - it's so bright and cheery! You should enter it over at the Moxie Fab World's washi challenge!

Susan said...

Two more beautiful cards! Great color combinations on both cards!

Linda R said...

Both your card looks o pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Maureen said...

that sunshine sentiment made me laugh. Just when we think Spring is here...snow! If this card doesn't bring some sunshine I don't know what will! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful cards, make me wish it was 80 and sunny :-)

Cath said...

Hey Mynnette! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)