Thursday, April 18, 2013

Back on the CAS bandwagon...

Well, it's time to get back on the CAS bandwagon.  So, I know that you think I make a lot of cards each week for my DTs, but I really don't.  I do them all in one weekend a month and then blog about them and schedule the posts the following week.  So there are times where I seriously go a couple of weeks without crafting just because.  This has been one of those times.

Don't get me wrong, I've made cards.  But they've been sympathy cards and I'm just not ready to share those online just yet.  It has been hectic in my life the past few weeks but I finally got time to craft tonight and while there were about 4 cards I threw away...I finally came up with a CAS one that I adore!

Here it is~

Details~






For these fabulous challenges~


(LOVED the cut out shape--did that!)


The sentiment is by Paper Smooches and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.  I adored the cut out circle and minimal color on the CASE by JJ Bolton and so that was what inspired me.  The colors from CAS Colours & Sketches were perfect for this gray and dreary day and the sketch turned on it's side from CAS(E) this Sketch! was just the ticket for a layout!

Thanks for stopping by--I really appreciate all of you!  It seems like just yesterday that I was still trying to figure out how in the world to get people to follow my blog and now I've got 300+ of you as fabulous followers!  So, thank you!  I hope you join in these fabulous challenges.  Happy stamping, friends! :)

20 comments:

Reusing with Quilling said...

Your cards are so elegant always and this one is no exception. Loved it !

Rocky said...

Simply beautiful Mynnette. Let's hope there will be no more of the other cards needed for a while, keep smiling.

sandie said...

CAS perfection Mynnette, the colours look great and love how you have placed the sentiment up the side-very cool! Thanks for playing along at CAS-Colour and Sketches x

carefree creations said...

Awesome card, Mynnette!

Fandhmum said...

Beautifully designed card, Mynette
Rosie x

fabiola jaques said...

oh! c'est trop beau, ces blocs de couleurs sont tellement bien mis en valeur avec ce blanc, biz

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Fun use of colour and texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Linda said...

Mynnette,
This is so pretty. Love the butterflies.

Asha said...

Another CAS beauty, Mynnette. So clean and crisp...I'm in awe of this thing called CAS! ;-)
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Jeanne J said...

Wonderful how you took the CASE inspiration and made it your own - the embossed blocks and butterfly are beautiful but what really caught my eye was the multi colored sentiment!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I really like this. The colours are so pretty and that sentiment is fab! I love the embossed detail too!

Ruth M said...

I can certainly see why you adore this card - it's FABULOUS Mynn! I feel a CASE coming on! CAS perfection!
Have a great weekend, hope things calm down a bit and you get some 'just because' crafty time! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

clare said...

It is beautiful, love the colour combo. X

Kylie said...

I love this Mynn! I LOVE that texture and how you used the colours. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

Jen W. said...

Love the multi-coloured sentiment and the pops of texture from the boxes! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Christina said...

Great take on the sketch. I love all the texture on the card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Louise van Vuren said...

This one took my breath away -it's CAS perfection. I absolutely LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynnette - a beautiful CAS card, this is so what you do best - thanks for using our colours this week at CAS - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh I LOVE this one too Mynn! Fabulous cut out panels with the embossing. Hugs D

LeAnne said...

I adore this TOO! Woohoo...into my favs this one goes!