Monday, June 24, 2013

MMM: Create a Summer Scene

Hello again, friends!  I'm sad to announce that this will be my very last DT post for the fabulous Make My Monday challenge blog.  I've got some other things coming up in my personal life and so I needed to step down from quite a few responsibilities and sadly this was one of them.  I want to give a very heartfelt thank you to all the gals on the team--especially Jacqueline who is the one who invited me to join them at Make My Monday.  This was the first ever DT I was invited to join and I cannot describe how thankful I am that this was my first DT experience!  THANK YOU, girls!  I love and admire all of you and will miss you terribly!

With that said, we do have a fantastic challenge for you this week and I had tons of fun creating my card for it!  Our challenge for you is to CREATE A SUMMER SCENE!

Here's what I created~


All inks, papers, and embellishments are from Stampin' Up!. I started by blending in my green, yellow, and blue inks with a blending tool by Ranger.  I then stamped the beautiful tree image from the Kim's Coppice set by Woodware.  After stamping the trees, I realized the different colors needed some texture so I used a Kaiser Kraft texture stamp over the blue, bubble wrap over the yellow, and another Kaiser Kraft swirl stamp for the green.  I then rummaged through my stash and found a small stamp set by Technique Tuesday that was perfect for creating a small garden along the bottom of my card.  Three butterfly images punched out and a sentiment, all from Stampin' Up!, finished my project.

I love the bold summery feel of this card and am very proud that I made it!  I wouldn't have been able to do this a few years back before joining this amazing DT, but everyone is so encouraging and inspirational!  A last thank you for all your support, gals!  You've been fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my card today!  I hope you've been inspired to try something new and to join in our challenge!  Please make sure to visit the other lovely ladies on this DT and leave some love with them as well! HUGS and happy stamping friends! :)


1 comment:

Rossella said...

Gorgeous summery card, Mynette,
Rosie x