Hi, all! It's time for another monthly challenge at House of Cards, and this month we are focusing on using either a GORGEOUS autumnal color scheme, adding texture, or doing both! Check out the inspiration...
I decided to use some of the colors, but focus on adding texture to my card. I went with a holiday theme because it's getting close to that time of year! Check out my card...
This sentiment is from a set that will be in the MHKDesigns Etsy shop later this month. :) I printed it, then sponged around it and attached it to a cardstock mat with some gold washi tape for a bit of shine.
The texture I created using gold glitter paper is actually quite easy to recreate. I LOVE the way it looks!
To create a textured background panel like the one I made, follow these steps:
1. Cut a piece of glitter paper the size you are wanting to use.
2. Ink the "flat" side of an embossing folder with Versamark ink.
TIP: The "flat" side is the side with wells for the paper to go when embossed.
3. Dry emboss the glitter paper.
4. Add embossing powder to the glitter paper and emboss. (I used green.)
5. Lightly dab the double embossed paper with white ink.
6. Emboss the white ink with clear embossing powder.
You could easily use other colors of glitter paper, ink, and embossing powder.
The options are endless! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today to take a peek at my card! I hope you come and join the fun with us at House of Cards. Don't forget to check out the AMAZING design team work, too! They always blow me away with their creativity! ;) Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping to you all!