But first, the card. :) I made this extremely quickly--it took a little less than 5 minutes. And I love the way it turned out!
Here it is~
This is why it was so easy--I used patterned paper for the main images! Yep. It's just patterned paper on top of a cardstock base! Then I stamped my sentiment, punched it out and backed it with more punches, colored it with a clear glitter pen and attached it to the card. Then I added a bit of bling.
Here's a close up of the sentiment~
And the bling~
And now onto the more important part of this post--the thanking! I was recently awarded the Butterfly Award and the Versatile Blogger award by Susan at Cricut & Grasshopper. Thank you, Susan! You made my October! :)
With the Butterfly Award there are no rules attached but with the Versatile Blogger award there are a few rules:
1.) Thank the person who awarded you.
2.) Tell 7 things about yourself that your readers may not know.
3.) Award 7 other bloggers this award.
Here are 7 things that you may not know about me (and may wish you never knew...DUN DUN DUN!):
1) I was born on Mother's Day. And I sang in Carnegie Hall in college. (Yeah, that's two...oh, well!)
2) I LOVE tomatoes and tomato based foods, but they do NOT love me--they give me horrible heartburn! And yet, I can't stop eating them...
3) I am an avid (understatement) reader. I own almost all of Agatha Christie's mysteries...yep. Almost all 80-something of them!
4) I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel blessed to be sealed to my dearest husband and best friend not just for this life, but for all eternity! :)
5) I am the November Guest Design Team Member for Make My Monday! (Please join us--it's so fun!)
6) I do not have any children due to infertility issues--we're working on it, but it is totally stressful! This issue makes me feel terribly alone sometimes...but I love that my blog friends lift me up!
7) I LOVE McRib sandwiches from McDonald's (just like Susan, who nominated me). Don't judge! ;D They rock!
Some of those things actually play a part in who I would like to honor with these awards. You'll see how in just a bit (if you don't stop reading...I know this is terribly long!) If you are honored, please feel free to take these buttons and add them to your blog (please follow the rules if you choose to take the Versatile Blogger award).
In alphabetical order, I would like to honor:
1) Aunt Peaches for always making me smile! She is totally hilarious and has some seriously unique craft projects!
2) Deborah's Gems for always leaving me comments--you make my day quite a bit! I consider you one of my best blogging friends! :)
3) Deezine's Art for honoring my with the November Guest Design Team Member spot at Make My Monday for November--you seriously helped me to continue blogging! I was about to quit...
4) Shoregirl's Creations for all her sweet comments when nobody else bothered with my little unknown blog...and for all of her FABULOUS craft ideas and delicious recipes!
5) Simplicity by Lateblossom for helping me discover CAS style, the Gratitude Challenge and her other wonderful blogs--Questioning my Intelligence and Questioning Autism.
6) Thoughts on Infertility for sharing her personal experiences to help lift me when I need it and for researching options for those of us struggling with infertility.
7) Two Shades of Pink for taking the time to post her WHOLE infertility struggle story--you will never know how much it helped me stay strong and keep my hope and faith for a baby.
Ladies, you all rock! You all make my day in different ways--you're versatile! THANK YOU for all you do! You make a difference in MY world!!! :)
I hope that you are inspired to say thank you to someone today--it's so important and it makes you feel happier! Happy thanksgiving! :)