Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Autumn Trees

YEAH! Time for my submissions (is that an s on the end of that word?) for this weeks wonderful Make My Monday challenge: Autumn Trees!

I own a lot of tree images...okay not A LOT, but a few! And I wanted to utilize most them for this awesome challenge.

I decided to combine one card into a color challenge found here at CR84FN. It's a fabulous color challenge and this weeks colors are red, brown and kraft. Fabulous fall colors, don't you think?!

I am also using my Halloween tree to enter again into the Just Us Girls challenge this week: Black Magic Technique. It's perfect for Halloween! :)

ALSO, I wanted to try to highlight different "autumn" topics. So, I made a fun Halloween tree; a tree triad in full fall colors; and a almost barren, end of autumn tree (you know, going into winter, last bird standing thing). You ready for these? Okay, here they are!

Card 1: Spooky Spider Tree (Halloween)~

A look at the inside sentiment~

Some details~

Card 2: Jeweled Tree Triad (Full autumn colors)~

Some details~

The inside sentiment~

Card 3: Autumn's Last Stand (Almost barren, end of autumn tree)~

Detail of the splatter, shadow, and bling~

For this last card, I used my color spritzer to create burst of color for the leaves and a light splatter of red across the kraft panel. I also wanted to add depth to the tree by shadowing the branches and trunk with a Versamark pen.

So, what do you think? I love each one! I'm so excited to be able to share them with you and to enter into these fabulous challenges! Hopefully you're inspired to create a wonderful fall craft today! Come join us at one or all of these challenges soon! Happy autumn and happy stamping! :)

24 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very lovely collection of cards Mynette! That little red bird in the tree looks wonderful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Fliss said...

Such beautiful card Mynnette and I just adore the triad one. Fabulous effects on there.
Thanks for taking part in this weeks Make My Monday challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Aquarius said...

A lovely variety of tree cards - specially like the triad one

Sue Lelli said...

Really LOVE the splatter, bling and cute red bird! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Jacqueline said...

WOW - these are stunning - absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along with us again this week at Make My Monday and I'm so glad you are enjoying our challenges - Jacqueline xx

igła i nitka said...

All your cards are so interesting but the last one is simply goregeous! I like this tree very much!!! I like it very much:)

Deborah Frings said...

Such a super selection of cards - I do like the autumnal feel that the collection has. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

Brilliant collection here Mynnette! But my fav is the one with the sweet little red bird, touch of those last standing leaves and the perfectly matched ribbon!!!

Cheryl said...

Three wonderful cards. My favorite would have to be a tie between the tree triad card and the autumn last stand card. I love the layout of the triad, but the soft, wintery feel of the last stand card kind of wins me over. So glad you joined us at CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

Lovely cards Mynette!! Love your take on the black magic technique and your use of the CR4FN colors! Thanks for playing along with two of my favorite challenges ;)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - what a great bunch of cards!! Your black magic one is awesome!!! Love #'s 2 & 3 as well!!

Maria :)

Marie said...

Marvelous tree cards. Love the cardinal in the tree that matches that fabulous ribbon and bow.

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, friends! :)

Lynn said...

Youza...such gorgeous creations! Love all of them! Thanks so much for playing with us at JUGS!

yours truly said...

What a fun collection of trees. I like the triad one best. ~ Ü ~

Elise said...

Oooooooow! THESE are so FUN! Thanks for sharing your fabby creations with Just Us Girls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing in the JUGS challenge~

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, friends. :)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Very, very creative! Love it ...

greetings, Alie :-)

Cath said...

What a great collection of trees, love them all. Thanks for joining in over on Make My Monday.

Cathx

Cazro said...

Wow! Mynette, you have been busy with the fall cards. I like them all but my fav, is the tri-fall card.Thanks again for such continued and appreciated support at MMM. Caz.

Suzi B said...

Wow! fron me too Mynette these are all fab I'm hard pushed to pick a favourite I think it just might be the one with the robin...he's red so he must be a robin. Thank you for joing MMM.. always lovely to see you.
Suzi B :o)

Suzanne Russell said...

They are all beautiful, but my favorite is Autumn's Last Stand. It's a terrific take on the CR84FN40 challenge.

Esther Asbury said...

Love, Love, Love tree cards -- especially like the colors you chose for the last one -- unique and pretty!