Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trick or Treat--Retro Style!

Hello everyone! I'm back! Bronchitis got the best of me there for a while, but I've got my meds and I'm up and running! Or rather, up and stamping!!! :) Here are the two fabulous challenges I'm entering this evening:



So, I wanted to make a fabulous Halloween card! Those colors OBVIOUSLY scream Halloween, as does the black magic technique! It was just fate...

Here's what I came up with~

I wanted to use the black magic technique with the sentiment. I stamped the "Trick or Treat" in white on a black background and then used crayons to color it. I also wanted to use some way cute hounds-tooth paper that I've had for a while to create a retro pumpkin. Of course I added a bunch of bling to finish it off!

Here's a close up of the black panel~

Thanks for popping over to take a peek! I love your comments--they make my day! I hope you've been inspired to create something retro today! Perhaps a punched pumpkin?! Hope you have a spookily fun and crafty Halloween! Happy stamping!

7 comments:

Andrea M said...

Mynette, I LOVE that you used the Black Magic technique on a sentiment!!! So different and AMAZING!!! Your entire card is FABULOUS! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Jen W. said...

I am loving houndstooth lately and that houndstooth pumpkin has just made my day! :)

Stacy said...

Super cool cards! I love the embossed background and that pumpkin!!! :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful job with the technique! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Kathryn B said...

What a beautiful Halloween card Mynette I just love the pumpkin you made! Great use of the technique on the sentiment! Thanks for your sweet comment also! We are so glad to have you play along with JUGS this week!

Lynn said...

Love how you used an oval punch to create your pumpkin...so cool! Great use of the black magic technique too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

*Clunk!*

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. What's a girl to say - I'm speechless! YOU are soooooo clever! What a great combo of challenges - and SUPER stunning output! Gosh! THANKS, m'dear! We love having you play along with Just Us Girls - you da' WOman! xoxo!