Monday, January 3, 2011
LOVE this Post! :D
What do you think of my LOVE canister?! I LOVE IT! I've had these two Ghirardelli chocolate canisters for a few years thinking I'd use them as Christmas decorations, but never have. So...it was either use them or throw them. And since I can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good canisters, I used them! And it was easy and fun!!!
I decided that I was gonna post step by step directions of how to do this project, just in case any of you out there have the same canisters that are in danger of being thrown out...here they are!
1. Adhere a 6"x12" piece of patterned paper around the middle of the canister. I use sticky strip as my adhesive on projects like this.
2. Create the bottom heart border by using a border punch (the one I used is from Martha Stewart Crafts) across a 2"x12" piece of light pink paper then adhering three darker pink hearts to the back of the middle three hearts created by the border punch. Adhere border to canister using sticky strip.
3. Create the top glitter border by taking a piece of 1"x12" light pink paper, adhering a thick piece of sticky strip across the middle of it and putting the glitter onto the sticky strip. I use a Powder Pal from Stampin' Up! to keep the glitter at bay as much as possible...although some does usually escape. :) Adhere top border to canister.
4. Create LOVE embellishment using two pieces of layered cardstock, chipboard letters and Tombow Liquid adhesive. Adhere to canister.
5. I then decided that I needed to add the ribbon to the bottom...so I did! :)
6. Here's one last look--now you can enjoy it or gift it with something special inside!!!!!