Saturday, March 24, 2012

52 CCT Embellishment Challenge #3

Remember last month, when I showed off some cards with disgusting amounts of rhinestones? Yeah. Today I'll show you one of my other obsessions--patterned paper! Patterned papers are a weakness of mine, and now they are the embellishment you are charged to use for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge. :) Use a lot, use a little, just use SOME! :)

Here's a little inspiration from our challenge~
Now, there are a few ways I use patterned paper quite a bit--1st as a background panel, 2nd as punched out embellishments, and 3rd to paper piece line images. I use all three of these on my cards!

Here's my first card with details~



Link
I used my favorite poinsettia pot image, and paper pieced it. Then I colored in the pieces that were too small to cut. It took awhile. But it turned out better than I though it would!

Here's my second card with details~




This one was easier--punch out some patterned papers and then add some coordinating background paper! Oh, and did you notice the dry embossed panel? The positive image from last week's dove card! :)

So, what will YOU create today?! What has Jacqueline created today?! Pop on over and see--and please play along with us! Merry stamping!

I'm also submitting these to the Christmas Stamping All Year ANYTHING GOES challenge! :)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty creations Mynnette. I LOVE the fabulous poinsettias in the watering can. Great work girl!!

Victoria said...

These are so pretty! I love patterned paper too :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the rhinestone details!! I've become a patterned paper hoarder ~ it's addicting!!!
Nancy xx :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! Love your designs!