Friday, December 14, 2012

Blue: Many Meanings

Well, I was hoping to post this yesterday, but today seems more appropriate with recent happenings.  I'm not sure how many of you have heard, but there was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut today.  As an educator, I am shocked and horrified by this.  I know that words don't help very much, but this is what I posted on my Facebook account today and would like to share it in case anyone affected by this tragedy is reading my post.  I wrote:


"I don't know exactly what to say about the senseless tragedy that occurred today. I hope that the families of all involved can find peace in the Atonement of our Savior and that they can heal. I hope that the families that lost children will be able to know they are loved and are now in the arms of a loving God and a Savior who also loves them. I hope that those that have to endure life with the memory of this horrendous act will be able to turn their hearts toward heaven and know that He can bear their burden and guide them to peace. Words are not adequate. I wish I could be there to give hugs, meals, shed tears with my brothers and sisters, and try to fill the void that has been created during this Christmas season. ♥"


With that said, I'd like to share a card that I made yesterday in honor of the amazing children that I have the privilege to work with. For those of you who don't know, my REAL job is working with children who have special needs.  There are 8 amazing kids in my class and each of them has a different disability that they have to endure while here on earth.  This card is for them and for all the amazing people I know and love who have special needs.


Here is the card~

Details~






Inside of card

For these fabulous challenges~



(I've used my favorite digi stamp company's image--ADFD!)


The color for Autism awareness is blue.  That is immediately what I thought of when I saw the challenge over at ADFD.  I remembered that I had the gorgeous "Blossoms for a Cause" digi and new that I had to use it.  Technically not all of the students in my class are diagnosed with Autism, but I feel that this card is still a fitting tribute to all the special children and adults that I have come to know over my few years of working with people who have special needs.  They are ALL a blessing in my life and each of them has taught me some very important lessons--the most important one is that God loves ALL of His children and wants ALL of us to be happy and return to live with Him.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Your visits mean the world to me!  I feel so blessed to be able to share what I love with such amazing people!  I do hope that you'll come and join in these amazing challenges.  I also hope that you'll take the time to say a prayer of comfort for those mourning the loss of loved ones and a prayer of thanksgiving for all the loved ones you have in your life.  Please go hug them.  Forgive those who have hurt you, move on.  Tell those you have hurt how sorry you are and that you will resolve to better starting now.  Love each and every person in your life.  You never know how much longer they will be in it.  Blessed stamping, friends.

6 comments:

Marina said...

Hi Mynette
Some cards are made to be beautiful and some cards are made with love and your card certainly is both those things. Although the colour palette is almost monochrome you've added lots of texture and dimension. Lovely.
Marina

Karen Letchworth said...

This card is so bright and uplifting, Mynnette. I love the image and sweet colors. I'm sure the kids will love it, and I sure am thankful that you've shared it in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Thanks for blessing us by sharing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lisa Elton said...

These little blooms are lovely Mynnette and the color so sweet! Have a delightful day my friend, I'm thankful for you in my life as well!

craftyb said...

Beautiful crd! Your sentiment is simple but so meaningful. I love the colours you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card!! I love that wonderful image!!

I hope the families in CT. can find peace somewhere in their lives. Such a sad, sad thing. So heartbreaking! God bless them all.

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is beautiful, Mynnette! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.