Friday, October 31, 2014

Paper Sweeties September Inspiration Challenge #25 - 'Holiday Joy'


Hello, all!  It's time for another monthly challenge at Paper Sweeties and our theme this month is HOLIDAY JOY! Take a peek at our fun inspiration...


I made a fun holiday card using products from the Paper Sweeties store and inspired by the colors and plaid from the photo above...I was also inspired by the bell!  Take a peek...


I started by creating a card base by taking some red and green plaid paper and adding it to a textured red mat.  I then added a doily, some ribbon, twine, and a sentiment from the Homespun Holidays stamp set to the top.


I then stamped the hanging ribbon image from the Homespun Holidays set to the patterned paper using black ink.  This was super easy because Paper Sweeties stamps are made from quality acrylic--you can see straight through them!  I then added three pearls to the tops of the ribbon.  I stamped and embossed three bell images from the Homespun Holidays set, colored them with some glitter gel pens, and then pop them up on the card base for a bit more dimension.


I love the final product!  This is such a cute card--thanks to the Homespun Holiday stamps--and is super easy to recreate and mail!  Take one last gander before you go...


That's all for me, friends!  I hope you come and join the fun at the Paper Sweeties blog, and don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team--including our guest for this month--has created!

Here's the DT list~

I'll be back later this month with creations from our November release!

HUGS and happy stamping, all!

 photo Sigcopy.png


boutique

Products used~

Homespun Holidays stamp set

10 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Charming card Mynn. I love how the papers look like fabric.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Maria said...

So pretty! Wonderful bells hanging from the lovely doily! A perfect Christmas card, Mynn!

Nancy Penir said...

Mynn, your card is darling! Love the triple bells and the layering on top!

Jill Norwood said...

Hi Mynn - your card is wonderful! I love the hearts hanging from the doily! And your sweet plaid paper!

~Tammy~ said...

Super sweet! I love the plaid. Darling design!

Lisa Elton said...

Oooh you do know I love me a pretty paper doily!! Your plaid bells won me over too Mynn, very NICE my sweet friend!!

Michelle said...

Perfect Christmas plaid paper and pretty bells, Mynn!

4Him said...

Adorable card! I love using plaids for Christmas cards!

i'm with the band said...

So sweet and festive!