Monday, February 16, 2015

Great Impressions: Triangle Tri-Fold Card


Hello, friends!  Happy Monday!  I'm back again with another card that uses some fabulous stamps from the Great Impressions store!  This week the DT gals and I are each sharing a fancy fold card!  I chose to make a Triangle Tri-Fold card.  Take a quick peek...


This card really isn't all that hard to make.  All you need is a 3.5" x 10" piece of cardstock and a scoring blade or scoring board to create the base.  Just score the cardstock at 3.5" and 7" lengthwise then score the end panels into triangles through the centers.  Make sure your scores for the triangles go the same way.

For my card, I started with the inside.  I cut some cardstock and patterned papers for my inside panels, then heat embossed the sentiment, F189 Nicest Perks, in red glittery embossing powder and added it.  I embossed the sides of the sentiment panel, too.


With the inside done, I turned to the outside. I added more matted patterned paper and then a ribbon across the whole thing.  Make sure you only adhere it to part of the outside or else you've glued your card shut! :)  I decided to tie the ribbon into a bow to make it cuter. ;)


Next, I created an image panel using G514 Birdcage With Flowers.  I heat embossed this image with the same red glittery embossing powder and then accented it with glitter gel pens.  A few fake flowers finished the front up!



That was all it took!  I hope you like this card!  I know that I do!  I think that this would be the perfect little card to give to a friend who needs a small pick me up, and it could even hold a gift card to their favorite beverage shop!  What do you think?  Please leave me a comment to let me know!


That's all for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to the Great Impressions blog for more inspiration and come play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!  See you again soon!

 photo Sigcopy.png

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Mynn
Gr Karin

Becky said...

What a beautiful design and beautiful card..

Chrissy said...

I love the fold Mynn and going to have a try..fabulous design.The birdcage and little bird with the flowers are gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Elton said...

Amazing card Mynn, I like the fancy fold and that pretty little birdcage!

Fabiola said...

adorable, biz

Petra Swart said...

This is the first time I've seen this triangular fold base, Mynn, and I love it!!! You have done such a great job with it!!!! The red and kraft go so nicely with the white and the little blue bird is so cute!!! I love the ribbon and the sweet flowers!! Such a lovely card!!!


PS. I'm checking my letter box every day for my card to arrive!!!!! Can't wait!!! Remember to add my name to the list to CASE cards, hey!!!
I've enjoyed my time visiting you, now!!!!
Have a great day, Mynn!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful card design and love the colors you have used
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Debbie said...

This is really neat! I love this fold! Thanks for the directions. Going to have to try this one.

Jill Norwood said...

What a fun card design! I have not seen this before! Love the sweet bird and cage! And the wonderful sentiment! Gorgeous card with all that glittery embossing!