Thursday, July 21, 2016

MHKDesigns: July/August Challenge


Hello, everyone!  I am back today with another card for our new challenge over at MHKDesigns!  We have a really pretty photo/color inspiration for you this month, and I can't wait to see what you create with it!  Take a look at the inspiration...



Isn't that fun?!  I wanted to do something that could be either patriotic, everyday, or Christmas-y, since we're celebrating Christmas in July at MHKDesigns.  I chose to go Christmas-y!  Take a peek...


I colored the image, from the *NEW*  Deck the Halls set, with Spectrum Noir markers, then added some shine and texture with Stickles.  The sentiment was added as a vellum banner, and a smattering of rhinestones adds a bit more shine.  The patterned papers used are from the Simply Seasonal digital paper pack.



I matted everything with black to make the colors POP.  I love the fun fonts paired with the retro images from the Deck the Halls set--what do you think?  I would really like to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you hop over to join in our monthly challenge at MHKDesigns!  There are prizes for each one, and you can use any products you'd like! :) Don't forget to leave some love with the other gals on this wonderful DT, too!

Asha | Donna | Jerrie | Jessica | Judy | Lilian 

I'll be back soon with more creations using MHKDesigns products!

Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Signature copy_2.png

MHKDesigns July Release:

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Mynn

gr karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful Christmas card. I love the shimmer on the stocking too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this Mynn!! Great take on your colors and the stocking overflowing with holly is pretty. Fabulous card!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Mynn, like your coloring and your sparkle, the sequins and vellum are great touches!

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Mynn. I like how you've used the colours to make a Christmas card. The black matt really makes the image pop ... brilliant idea!
hugs Asha

Petra Swart said...

Gorgeaous, Mynn!!! Those are fabulous colours and I love the chevrons and the stripes and the fun stocking!!!! So beautiful, my friend!!!
Hugz