Sunday, January 1, 2017

House of Cards: Add a Building and/or Color Inspiration


Happy New Year, friends!  It's time to start again at House of Cards, and this month we are asking you to add a building to your card or be inspired by our color scheme...


I decided I was inspired by both!  I did some fun sponging, water coloring, and layering of die cuts to create a winter scene.  Take a peek at my card...


I used some fun polka dot paper to create my "sky", then added a few snowflake sequins.  The mountains were sponged with dark brown ink to give a little bit of depth, and the buildings and trees were water colored.  I added some ribbon as an anchor--I LOVE that gingham!


I added a scallop border and some rhinestones below the scene to add texture and shine.  The sentiment I chose could work for Christmas or just a generic winter card!  


This card totally turned out differently than I originally planned, but I LOVE it!  I hope you think it's cute, too!  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you take a bit of time to come and play along with us at House of Cards.  Don't forget to stop by the other DT members' blogs for even MORE amazing inspiration--they always blow me away!  I'll be back later this month with more crafty posts!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Signature copy_2.png

11 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

oh I just love how you made your winter scene Mynn.

Rosmarie said...

What a beautiful and adorable little wintery scene! I just love all these tiny houses and trees, huddled in the snow.
Dear Mynn, I wish you a Happy New Year - full of happiness and health and crowned by great success!
Sendig Hugs and many good wishes, Rosi

Glittered Paws said...

Again very nice - I loved the challenge this month - allowed so much creativity. You created a beautiful scene and the sentiment is perfect.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little village, this is cute!!

Donna said...

Fabulous scene and like those jewels! Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

cohenna said...

Such an elegant card!! Beautiful :)

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

I love your winter scene. That beautiful is so cute!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Very pretty winter scene, Mynn! Have a warm and wonderful 2017!
Michele

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful scene card, Mynn. I love it. Here's to a great year!
Hugs,
Em xxx

craftysahmiam said...

Fabulous use of the die cuts in your wintery sweet scene, Mynn !

Christi Conley said...

What an adorable card! I love everything about it - the bling, the little village, your polka-dot sky - everything!! Hugs! Christi