Tuesday, January 1, 2019

TRCC: Challenge #1: Red Romance


Hello, friends, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you've had a wonderful and restful Christmas holiday and are looking forward to a beautiful and positive 2019! Last year was a bit of a struggle for me, personally, but I am back to blogging and SO excited to be posting my first creation for the *BRAND NEW* challenge I've started with my good friend, Jacqueline! It's called The Rainbow Card Challenge, and here is our first prompt...


Now, we really just want to see creations with an abundance of red. You don't have to necessarily go with the "romance" theme or use the photos as your guide. Mostly monochrome, if you understand my meaning. For all the details about the "rules" (there are very few), you can see the challenge post! This post is about the card I made, so take a peek...


I got out two fun sets from Close to My Heart from my stash (one currently on sale, one retired) for this card. The falling heart background is one stamp (on sale!), and the focal image and sentiment are from another. I used a variety of red materials to layer the focal heart, and backed it with some fun red washi tapes. Some black liquid pearls help to tie the sentiment to the image.


The sentiment was layered onto a red stamped image, then gone over with a glaze gel pen by Sakura for extra bling! I LOVE these fun brush stroke stamps and the sweet rhinestones that add more texture and shine!


I totally adore the way this creation turned out, and I hope you like it, too! I would LOVE for you to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!


Please come and join us this month at The Rainbow Card Challenge! I LOVE seeing what everyone creates! If you're looking for even more inspiration, you should take a peek at what the other amazingly talented gals on the design team have created, too!


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends! I will be back again with a one week reminder AND  a freebie panel, so don't forget to stop by again towards the end of the month! Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends!

7 comments:

The Craft Princess said...

I love the card and am so happy about the challenge!!! I will have to create something to enter because I wouldn't want to miss on your first challenge :) Hugs...Janie

sue t. said...

Mynn- this is soooo totally romantic!! Guss this is going to a special guy huh?!!?

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year Mynn! Your card is marvelous with all of that red!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops, almost forgot...congrats on the new challenge!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Mynn! It's such an honor to be working with you again xoxo

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous card, Mynn! This card has Love written all over it! So excited to be on your team!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynn, finally got myself sorted so I'm able to comment again! This is a gorgeous card - red is such a romantic colour and you have definitely captured the romance in this card! - Jacqueline xx