Monday, July 18, 2011

DIY Glimmer Mist!!!!!


So, I am all about saving money. Well, and spending it to get the most out of it. ;D Anyway, when I saw this post on Shoregirl's blog, I knew I had to try it out! Make your own glimmer mist!!!!! One bottle of this stuff is $7 plus tax! My friend and I made THREE colors of glimmer mist for a total of $10.50, and we still have enough to make MORE when we run out of what we have made! Here is what you need and the cost:

1. Water. Free. Yep, water! Yep, free!


2. Metallic acrylic paints. $1.47 each at WalMart.
(Metallic Peridot, Champagne & Metallic Ice Blue are what we bought)


3. Spray bottles. $1.00 ea. at WalMart.
(They didn't have enough clear...)

And here is what you do: fill the spray bottles about 2/3 of the way full with water. Add the paint. Shake. Use! Yep--it IS that easy!

And here is what they look like when sprayed onto white paper flowers:


Champagne

Metallic Ice Blue

Metallic Peridot

THANK YOU for stopping by! I hope that this tutorial will save you money and inspire you to create and DIY! Happy crafting!!!!!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Isn't it FUN finding thrifty ways to make things "pop?!"
Thanks for linking back to my blog --- and happy crafting!!

Mynn xx said...

I love it!!! :)

Liz said...

Just started getting into mixed media and buying the supplies for them add up. So happy I found this tutorial, will definitely have to try this.

Mary said...

I made many of these glimmer mists for projects around the holidays and they were fabulous. Just the perfect touch for my gift items. The problem I have now is that since the glimmer mist has not been used for several weeks the sprayers are clogged and not functioning. Any ideas? I hate to throw away unused product and start over.

Mynn xx said...

SO sorry to just be replying about clogged spray nozzles! You can totally use needles to clear them out. Another way to avoid this is to clean out the nozzle after each use and to put a regular lid on the mixture until you use it next. Hope this helps! :) Mynn xx