Friday, March 20, 2015

Pony CASE-Press: I CASEd Petra!


Hello, my friends!  I am SUPER DUPER UBER excited to share this card today!  I started a little thing called the Pony CASE-Press about a month ago, and my card FINALLY reached the first gal, Petra, yesterday in South Africa.  Come and see Petra's original card...


Beautiful, right?!  She is SO good with layering and floral images.  I decided to keep the layout similar, but I changed the colors and the focal image to a butterfly from Inspired By Stamping.  Take a gander at my card...


I love this swallowtail image from Inspired By Stamping.  I heat embossed it in silver onto vellum, then cut it out and layered it with some patterned paper.  A bunch of deep blue rhinestones create a flight path for the butterfly up the card.


I added a sentiment from Inspired By Stamping just below the butterfly.  This sentiment was punched out and flanked with the same deep blue rhinestones as the butterfly's flight path.


I layered a bunch of patterned papers on my card base.  I also did some faux stitching to create added texture and polish.  I used a black fine tip Sharpie for this.  More deep blue rhinestones were added in places to add cohesiveness to the design.


I love the final product and I am happy to report that Petra loved it as well!  What do you think about my card?  I'd love for you to leave me a comment to let me know your opinion!!!


I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges~

(I'm in SPRING!)






That's all for me today, friends!  I hope you join me and the other amazing gals that have joined me at the Pony CASE-Press!  Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today and taking a peek at my creation!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

12 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful and cool at the same time Mynn.

Katy said...

Wow! I love this card! That butterfly is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the embossing on vellum. :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Mynn. Love the papers and the layers. Fab design. Hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

Fabulous CASE of Petra's card Mynn, so glad it arrived safely. Now all that's got to happen is for mine to arrive with you!!!

Hugs.

Karen x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Mynn great design

Gr Karin

VanessaB said...

how fun! and wow- gorgeous and amazing cards by both of you! :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

OMG, simply beautiful and elegant, with a touch of softness.
Hugs
Berni

jasann said...

love your card, the colours are so beautiful, and love the butterfly too!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Karen Day said...

Mynn - your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining our Vintage Vibe challenge at Art Impressions!

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely beautiful layering here Mynn - you've done a superb job in interpreting the original. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love the papers you've used and the layout is great. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Mynn! Great combination of papers and you had me fooled with the stitching, I totally thought that was real sewing! Wonderful CASE!