Friday, January 9, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas: Challenge #2


Hi, friends!  THANK YOU to everyone who joined in our first challenge last week at CASE-ing Christmas!  I'm back with this week's CASE card and my interpretation.  First up, the card we are CASE-ing...


This card was made a while back by DT member Pat.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  I was in LOVE with the fun layout, and so that's what I chose as my inspiration for my CASE.  Take a peek at what I made...


I made my focal point by punching out a large snowflake with a Stampin' Up! punch and a smaller punch by Martha Stewart.  A crystal button from Stampin' Up! and some silver elastic cording were the perfect center for the snowflake.  I flanked it diagonally with glitter paper cut using a die from Paper Sweeties.  A few rhinestones add a bit more shine to the top of this card.


It was then time for me to add a sentiment.  This one from Great Impressions was heat embossed with silver powder by Stampendous! onto some specialty paper from Core'dinations.  The sentiment panel was punched on either end to create a banner.


All that was left was to create a card base with some patterned paper, banner dies, and other specialty papers.  I am totally loving this card--the soft wintry colors make me so happy!  What do you think of it?  I'd love for you to leave me a comment and let me know!



That's all for me today!  I'll be back next week with another card for CASE-ing Christmas, and I hope you hop on over and join in our current challenge!  I cannot wait to see what you will create for us!  HUGS and MERRY stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

13 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Hi again, Mynn xx!!!
I've spent a lot of time on your blog now and I love what I have found here!!!!! I have just become your latest follower!!! Looking forward to enjoy all of your lovely work in future!!!
Have a great Friday!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Becky said...

Beautiful card. Love the background.

Pat said...

Stunning take on my card Mynn (Its better than the original LOL) Love all the extra detail youve added, the sequins, the crystal button and silver thread. Lovely! Pat x

Anita said...

I adore everything about this teamie. Hugs.

cohenna said...

Amazing card! I love snowflake :)

Rosmarie said...

Mynn, your ice-blue card is gorgeous! I love all the beautiful embellishments and the patterned paper you used! Fabulous casing of Pat's card!
Hugs Rosi

Fabiola said...

très belle ton interprétation, chic et classe, biz

Judy V said...

Hi Mynn! Beautiful take on Pat's card! Love the pretty layered snowflake!

Lisa Elton said...

Pat's card is lovely and so is your CASE!

Pia S said...

I think it's great how we can pick inspiration from others and get an outcome that looks very different!
I love Pat's card, purple is a favorite color of mine, it feels so warm and the layout is brilliant. Yours is wonderfully wintery! Love your layered snowflake and the blue color scheme.

Unknown said...

Lovely take on Pats card Mynn, love the colour combo and the added embellishments are fab. Love it!
Lorry :o) xx

Taunya Butler said...

Breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!! Love the colors and the stunning effect this card has!! Love it!!