Thursday, January 26, 2012

Open the aperture!

Hello. I fear I'm too late. Oh, well! Sharing these three cards, anyway. I've had a simply GHASTLY day, and I want to share these because I worked hard on them! And I do think they all turned out rather nicely! Okay, I'm a bit calmer now. The site finished loading as I typed, and I still have about 17 hours...I'm NOT too late!!! SO GLAD.

I really love the Less is More challenge this week--"Cut it out!" They've asked us to have a hole or aperture in our card and to do it with a CAS style. Hole, easy. CAS, not so. Hence the THREE cards! Luckily, they also apply to other challenges, so not a one will be a loss! :) Not that they would, anyway. Who doesn't love a handmade card? And some people don't even care you messed up and it looks as GHASTLY as my day was--they're just touched that you MADE them something! Ya know?!

Okay, that is all I'm gonna rant about. Or rather comment. Wasn't quite a rant. I'd scare you with my rants!

OKAY. NO MORE CRAZINESS! So, aperture cards, yes? Yes! Fun? Yes! Easy? Not as easy as I thought...you'll see what I mean.

Here's my first attempt and details~




This one is darling, but not quite CAS for LIM, so I'll be entering it into this week's Pink Elephant challenge. It's a photo inspiration challenge--all about love and cuteness! :) Doesn't "Bee my honey" work for love AND cuteness?! ;) Of course it does!!!

Here's the Pink Elephant inspiration photo~

Okay, my second attempt will be submitted into the For Your Inspiration challenge--also a photo challenge. It has a "hole", but I wasn't pleased that it didn't go through the entire card. But, it's pretty! :) AND, it's more CAS, so it was CLOSE to being up to my CAS expectations. Just a few too many layers.

Here's the inspiration photo from FYI~

My card and details~




So, I've kinda sorta struck out twice, but not really, because I have two fabby cards and now a sentence with to many commas and it's running too long. Yeah. Okay. SO, I started again. And looked for a color challenge to inspire me and link to because I KNEW this would be a great card. Not that the other two aren't. BUT, this one is my fave! The color inspiration is from the Colour Create Challenge for this fortnight--pink and green!!! And they've got some photo inspiration, too! :) And this one is the one I've chosen for the LIM challenge. I do think it's the best CAS style aperture card I made...

Here's the photo inspiration from CCC~

Here's the card and details~





What do you think?! Which is your favorite? What do you love and hate about them? How could I improve? That's enough questions. I need sleep. Good night, and happy stamping!!!

PS: Also linking to this week's 52 Card Pickup here! :)

15 comments:

Pauline said...

These are all fabulous Mynnette! I lov ethe pink and green one, I would call that CAS, minimal embellishments, with a touch of embossing, love it! And I certainly think your tree card, such a serene image, has the CAS factor too. Beautifully made all three!

Mandi said...

All your cardsa rea FAB Mynette
Love the LIM one, the pink and green looks terrific

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Michelle said...

Mynnette, you are way too hard on yourself! All three cards are beautiful and CAS! Three great sets of inspiration there, and three great responses, wow! Thanks for joining us at FYI again!

Chrissie said...

My, you have been busy Mynnette!
They're all fab, but I think that the last one is my favourite, I love the twinkle on the stamping!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous cards Mynnette! The second is my favourite and I must try something like this!

Papercraft By Carole said...

Wow - three absolute stunners!! Have to say the last one is my favourite purely because of the colours!! Cxx

Lisa Elton said...

Triple delight Mynnette! So sorry you had such a bad day. Maybe after a good nights sleep things will look brighter ;) I think #2 is my fav; I like the leaves blowing in the die cut area.

Feebsy said...

These are all totally gorgeous Mynnette. I particularly like the second card - I really like trees, but they're all beautiful.

I hope that today has been better for you and that you have a lovely weekend.

Feebsy
xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of a cut out! Great inspired card! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Jacqueline said...

All are gorgeous Mynnette - hope your day got better! - Jacqueline xx

Sara Mac said...

I think all three cards are wonderful! I adore the second card. It's just so warm and lovely. So glad you joined us for the inspiration challenge at FYI.

Julie said...

Great selection of cards - love the little aperture heart especially! Thanks for joining in our Pink and Green challenge at Colour Create, Juliexx

Shanna Shands said...

You lucky busy crafter. I love each creation you made. The window card is very beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Colour Create. Hope you join in for the new challenge tomorrow.

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards - love all of them! Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

Debby said...

Wow, such a wonderful array of cards! I loved the elegance of your tree card. Thanks for joining us at FYI.