Saturday, May 5, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown: Sketch #5

Hi, y'all!  It's my month to host again over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, and I've got a NON-CAS sketch for you this time!  Surprised?  Me, too! ;)

Here's the sketch for you~

It's not really me, is it?  OR IS IT?!  I LOVED making cards to go along with this sketch.  I made them with traditional colors and one's rather retro while the other is classic.  Would you like to see them?

Here's the first one with details~
 





Lots of paper piecing, patterned papers, and dry embossing were used in the making of this card.  This is the retro one...do you agree?  If not, what style would you call it because it was really hard to pin one down!  Since I've used striped paper, I'm linking this to the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Stripes. Since I used a few punches, I'd like to enter this card into this week's Christmas Card Challenges: Punches Challenge.

Here's my second card with details~
 





This is the classic one.  Right?  I used some gorgeous patterned papers, a dry embossed frame, and a fabulous Bo Bunny Santa image for this card.  I LOVE the way the Santa image came out!  I'd like to enter this one into the Jingle Belles: Embossing challenge. :)

So, what do you think?  I really hope you all come and join in the fun this week--I LOVE seeing what everyone creates!  And don't forget to visit my dear friend and challenge co-owner, Jacqueline, for more fabulous cards made with this sketch!  Merry stamping! :)

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love those beautiful greens ... and the dry embossed frame is fantastic ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Michele Cunningham said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! What wonderful cards :)
I love the idea you had of using the pennants banner punch for a Christmas tree. I might have to CAS that.

Your monochromatic Santa card is so elegant. Beautiful patterns and a great sketch.

Victoria said...

Two wonderful cards... the way you've combined the different shades of green in the second is great!

Jacqueline said...

These are awesome Mynnette - fabulous papers - Jacqueline xx

Hazel said...

Love both cards. The embossing and stripes on the first one are very classy and eye-catching - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 71 - hope to see you again soon. x

Catie Cuddles said...

Both beautiful cards. I love them!

Holly Young said...

Oh these are so beautiful, and I love that sketch! I have been thinking lately that all my cards look the same,,,,same lay out! I'm going to have to try this sketch!

lauren bergold said...

actually BOTH of these are fabulous takes on our embossing prompt at JINGLE BELLES... and both are just outright ♥BEAUTIFUL♥ holiday cards for that matter!!! i love the santa one, especially, with that amazing and elegant frame detail!!!

Margo said...

both cards are lovely!

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card challenge blog.

Ruth M said...

I love that you made two cards so very different in style - and I love both cards, lots of yummy details on them! I also love the sketch, I can see me using this one again and again.

Thanks so much Mynnette for the lovely comments you left on my blog, I really appreciated them! : ) Ruth x