Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Technique Time Tuesday: Faux Chalkboard

Hi, friends!  Ready for a new technique challenge?!  Good--we've got one for you over at Technique Time Tuesday!  This month we're focusing on the FAUX CHALKBOARD TECHNIQUE.  It's been around for a bit, but I've made a video tutorial for you to check out and hopefully you'll play along with us!

Here's my finished creation~

For these fabulous challenges~




I've used stamps by Papertrey ink (border), Inspired By Stamping (sentiment), and Close to My Heart (elemental stamping).  The glitter paper is by Colorbok, the rhinestones are from my stash, the white embossing powder is by Stampendous! and all other supplies are from Stampin' Up!.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you'll play along with us this month--the technique is really not as hard as you'd think it would be!  Don't forget to check out the other amazing projects my super talented gals have for you as well!  HUGS and happy stamping! :)


13 comments:

SD pooja said...

Beautiful card ! Glitter ,chalkboard technique,red rhinestone everything looks just perfect !

Pia S said...

I will check out the tutorial, because I love the look of this chalkboard effect. Such a great technique for a sentiment only card! Love the sentiment you've used!

Rossella said...

Hi Mynette
I will definitely have to look into this one, it is so effective
Rosie x

Unknown said...

Super cute Mynn! Lovin' that glitter paper & the heart stamps! Just fab! :)

Céline said...

really gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

TRACEY MO said...

Lovely colour great with the black!

Thanks for joining us at lexi's creations today

Tracey dt

rachel said...

great saying Mynnette and a fab card - thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck xx

CraftyGirl said...

I really love this technique. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

kReN said...

I love the chalkboard technique and this sentiment is perfect. TFS!

Come and see what I've done lately!
kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot

Ginger said...

Gorgeous Card!

Jo said...

Fabulous card & a lovely sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & good luck!
Hugs Jo x

Nonni said...

Hi Mynnette, fabulous card! I love this technique and the sentiment is one of my favorites. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! Hugs, Nonni

Unknown said...

My goodness you are one busy stamper ;) I had to pass by a slew of LOVELY cards to make it to your fabulous chalk board. Thanks for the great tutorial this month!!!