Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bubbles

Hi, friends!  So, today I chopped off my hair--FINALLY!!!  I have been growing it out for Wigs For Kids and so it was time to cut it!!!  Unfortunately, I was misinformed at the salon--they told me I just needed 8 inches to donate.  When I went on to the site, however, it said 12 inches.  Oh, well.  I guess I will grow it out again...a bit of a disappointment, but there you have it!  I hope I have enough to give to Locks of Love...otherwise into the bin!

Anyway, I have a dear friend who's birthday is Monday and I am going to visit her tomorrow for a small celebration!  She's got quite a bubbly personality so I made a card that is a bit different from a traditional birthday card...

Here it is~

Detail~

For these fabulous challenges~




I've used a fabulously darling sentiment/image by Great Impressions called "Bubble Over", Glossy Accents by Ranger (on the bubbles), pearls by Studio 112, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card!  I do hope you'll join in the fun with these fabulous challenges!  HUGS and happy stamping friends! :)


7 comments:

Unknown said...

a lovely card!i love the colours and ur bubbles!x

Paper Panda said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x(PPCC DT)

SandeeNC said...

Love the card and the glossy accents over the bubbles is perfect, I am sure your friend will love her card! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anonymous said...

How disappointing about the hair issue! Your salon needs to get their facts straight! I have heard that locks of love is 8 inches, so hopefully that works out. What a beautiful gift you are giving!

And I think this card is just stunning! That deep purple is my absolute favorite color and it looks gorgeous paired with that bright blue. So bright and what a fun sentiment!
- Shauna

Gabby said...

Love this "different" b.d. card! The colors, papers and sentiment look great. I hope you have a nice celebration together. :)

Darnell said...

Your card uses the PDC colors brilliantly, Mynn! You've managed to make a truly personal card for your friend, but yet it's still a CAS delight that the rest of us can save in our faves for CASEing later!! TFS! Darnell

Veronica Z said...

Fabulous card, and how wonderful for you to donate your hair to such a great cause! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!