Friday, January 22, 2016

Inspired By Stamping: Valentine Countdown


Hi, all!  I am SUPER excited for my post today!  As soon as I saw the *NEW* My Valentine's stamp set from the Inspired By Stamping store, I just KNEW that I'd need to make a Valentine countdown frame with it!  It was really a pretty quick project because the stamps do most of the work for you!  I'll narrate how I made this project, then do a recap list at the end.  Take a peek at my completed project before I take you step by step...


Isn't that just super fun?!  I went with a traditional Valentine color scheme--black, red, white, and gold for shine and elegance.  The first step in creating this project is to find a frame you want to use.  I had one that was in serious need of an upgrade.  It was more of a shadowbox type frame.  


I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but there is a gold mat that was inside the frame with an oval opening.  I added some patterned paper to fill in that gap.  I then added three strips of ribbon across the frame to attach my tags.

         

                                 

The tags were super fun to make!  I used washi tapes, red glittery hearts, glittery chipboard arrows, gold stickers, flowers, other miscellaneous embellishments, and the My Valentine's set for the tags themselves.  

         

                                

To attach the tags, I utilized hair clips.  I just hot glued some flowers to the tops and then threaded them through the hole.  You could also use tiny clothespins for this.  Those were actually my first choice, but I couldn't find the ones I KNOW I have somewhere in my craft area. ;)  

           


I am SO happy with how this project turned out!  I hope you like it, too!  I'd love for you to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!  And now, like I stated above, here's a quick list of steps to make this project:
  1. Select frame.  Add patterned paper and ribbon.
  2. Make tags using the My Valentine's set, flowers, and other desired embellishments.
  3. Make clips to hold tags in place temporarily by hot gluing flowers onto the tops of hair clips.
  4. Attach tags to frame.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  That's all I have for you today, but I'll be back soon with more inspiration using fabulous products from the Inspired By Stamping online store.  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)


blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:
 

5 comments:

Fikreta said...

this is wonderful
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome countdown - always see one for Christmas but Valentines Day is very nice. Love all the red/white/black and gold and the hair clip is brilliant.

lisa808 said...

Awesome idea and project!!! Love the gold detailing.

Fabiola said...

superbe Mynnette , magnifiques créations, biz

The Craft Princess said...

What a fun idea....so creative....they are all beautiful :) Hugs...Janie