Thursday, June 16, 2016

Seize the Birthday + MHKDesigns: Anything Birthday Goes!


Hi, friends!  I am back with another creation for the current challenge at Seize the Birthday!!!  I've been having tons of fun with this talented DT, and I hope you've been playing along with us!




You can never have too many birthday cards, and I can't wait to share with you what I have for this fortnight's challenge!  The challenge for the next two weeks is "Anything Birthday Goes"!  Check out my creation...



I used the Eat Your Cake digital stamp set from MHKDesigns for this card.  I colored this image in with colored pencils, Sakura glitter gel pens, and then added some glitter for the "frosting".  


The sentiment, also from the Eat Your Cake digital stamp set, was printed onto vellum before being added to the card.  The patterned paper is from the Egg-cellent Easter digital paper pack.  


A heart punched out of glitter paper and a couple of fun rhinestones add more interest to the sentiment portion of the card.  I think this turned out to be pretty darn cute, and I hope you think so, too!  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation today, friends!  I hope you take some time to join in the fun at Seize the Birthday!  I'll be back soon with more paper crafted creations to share with you.  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wonderful card Mynn
Gr Karin

Patti said...

This is so super sweet Mynn!! Those candles will really light up the recipient's face!!

Patti

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card! What a yummy birthday cake!
Hope to get come and play in the challenge!
Sherrie k

Lisa Elton said...

What a happy card Mynn! This is sure to brighten anyone's birthday!!

JoAnn said...

What a fun card. Love the purple DSP and the purple candles and icing on the cake.
Glad to have you as our Guest Designer on Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Love this card and that chevron DP! super card Mynn! Have a great day!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love the chevrons and the sweet birthday cake, Mynn!!! Beautiful in purple and white with the little bit of black!!! Such a fun card!!!
Hugz

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Mynn! I love those colours, and it is such a fun design :)

Colleen said...

Mynn, thank you again for another awesome STB card! This is fabulous!
so glad you are with us for another month!!

Taunya Butler said...

So excited for you!! And what a beautiful PURPLEliscious card!!