Tuesday, June 21, 2016

MHKDesigns: SURPRISE, ASHA!!!


Hello, and welcome to our SURPRISE Birthday Beach Blog Hop for the lovely Asha!  You should have arrived here from Michele Henderson's blog.  Make sure to complete the entire hop, starting at MHKDesigns, for more chances to WIN!  We are celebrating a very special lady today, and we're doing so by creating beachy birthday cards to wish her many happy returns!

Here's the inspiration we are using~

I chose to use a mash up of different products from the MHKDesigns Etsy shop for my card for Asha.  I kept with the beach theme and added a birthday sentiment.  Take a peek...


The image, from the Serene Seaside digital stamp set, was colored with colored pencils.  Some glitter was added to the clouds for added texture and shine, and a few seashells and a rhinestone were added as accents in the bottom left hand corner.


I chose to use a sentiment from the Fruit Borders set for this birthday greeting card.  Asha is a beautiful person, and she deserves so much to have a beautiful day!  I printed the sentiment on vellum, then layered it over black cardstock and papers from the Serene Seaside and Autumnal Accents digital paper packs.



My kraft card base was prepped with more paper from the Serene Seaside digital paper pack, matted with black, and some cheesecloth to mimic the texture of a fishing net.  I hope that Asha approves, and I hope you do, too!  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Asha, I hope you have an AMAZING day, my friend!  Spend time with your hubby and fur babies, eat whatever you want, do whatever you want, and remember that you are LOVED!!!  Thank you SO MUCH for all you do to help me personally and for the joy you spread throughout blog land!

Thank you so much for joining in our hop to say "Happy Birthday" to a dear friend!  Your next stop on the hop is NanaConnie's blogI hope you hop over and join the fun by linking up your own beach themed birthday card in honor of Asha!  Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

16 comments:

Fikreta said...

very ice card

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Mynn, love your vintage beach image, and the card layout that you have chosen. Thank you for allowing me to share in Asha's blog hop. As you say, she is a very special person, and spreads joy wherever she goes throughout Blogland. Judith xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

*Vicki* said...

Hello Mynn!! WOW! Your card is amazing!! What a stunning Vintage image and the colors are perfect beachy style colors!! Love the addition of the netting and the sequins and shells!! I know Asha will love this and I know she will appreciate the effort and thought you've done for her here!! Thanks so much for having me participate in this honor! :) HUGS

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow, Mynn, I just LOVE your card! The colors are all so perfect together and I love the vintage image!
Take care!
Michele

cghundley said...

Happy Birthday Asha!
This card is so sweet.
Carla from Utah

Taunya Butler said...

Amazing and so cool looking - loving the old-time feel it has and I am just so super impressed by the papers and details you have added to make this dynamite card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of vintage loveliness Mynn!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your gorgeous card- the colors are so pretty and love the vellum sentiment. So nice of you guys to have a B-day hop for your friend!!!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful card for your friend, Mynn!!!! Such a lovely beach scene and lovely seashells and netting to make the card extra special!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Donna said...

This is stunning Mynn, your bold colors are stunning and like all your layers and embellishing and your words to Asha are stunning! Thanks for thinking of this and organizing! Hugs, Donna

Peanut said...

You are an extraordinary person, Mynn. I am always in awe of your talent. This card is no exception and I LOVE it to bits. So many lovely details only only you would think of. I have shared with you my fears, joys, grievances and doubts. You have helped me in times of loneliness, sadness, happiness and peace. Your advice, support, faith and confidence in me has been constant. And this incredible Blog Hop defines you perfectly - generous and loving. You are an amazing team-mate, friend and confidant. Thank you so much for this amazing Birthday Blog Hop, dear friend. I am so very blessed to have you in my life.
HUGS, Asha

Janis said...

Super-fabulous vintage look. Love how you used layers so effectively!!
Happy Birthday to Asha!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Chriss America Real said...

This is lovely! I really like the way you printed the sentiment on vellum, that is a cool idea, I am going to have to try that!

Hugs,
Chriss
http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

The Craft Princess said...

Oh I just love that old-fashioned look...and those seashells are just a perfect addition to your beautiful card :) Hugs...Janie

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love the image and the wonderful card design.