Thursday, June 2, 2016

Seize the Birthday + MHKDesigns: Sunshine & Daisies


Hi, friends!  I am SUPER excited to share with you that for the next 2 months, I am the surprise party guest at Seize the Birthday!!!  I'd like to start by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to Nancy and the rest of the gals on this fabulous team for having me as their guest!





There are some amazing toppings lined up for the next couple of months, and I can't wait to share with you what I have for this fortnight's challenge!  The challenge is always "Anything Birthday Goes", and the topping option this time around is "Sunshine".  Check out my creation...


I used the Beauty digital stamp set from MHKDesigns for this card.  I created a panel with the daisies, then printed them out on white cardstock.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers and added glitter to the petals for more texture and shine.  The sentiment, also from the Beauty digital stamp set, was printed onto vellum before being added to the card.  The patterned paper is from the *NEW* French Country digital paper pack.  


A few textured yellow rhinestones completed the card and help keep the vellum sentiment in place.  I think this turned out to be very pretty--and it can be MAILED!  That's the point of birthday cards, right?!  So, what do YOU think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation today, friends!  I hope you take some time to join in the fun at Seize the Birthday!  I'll be back soon with more paper crafted creations to share with you.  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

20 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Mynn and great design


gr karin

Dotty Jo said...

You just make the most amazing cards, Mynn! Jo x

Fikreta said...

so pretty card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the background and the flowers look AMAZING! Congrats on your spot over at Seize the Birthday!
Sherrie K

JoAnn said...

Hi Mynn. Welcome to Seize the Birthday. Glad to have you as our Surprise Party Guest.
Your card is beautiful. I love the daisies and the sentiment on vellum. Pretty paper too.

Patti said...

Woo Hoo!! Mynn! welcome to Seize the Birthday and congrats on your WELL DESERVED! Surprise Guest spot! I always love your cards and your Sunshine card is no exception! Wow the flowers are stunning and I love your design!!

Have fun with your guest spot I can't wait!! to see what you will create with us!

Patti

Colleen said...

Welcome Mynn to Seize the Birthday CHALLENGE!! We are so excited to have you join the design team for the next couple of months! Your card is awesome and beautifully colored! I can't wait to see what else you make for our challenges!!
Heart Hugs, Colleen

The Craft Princess said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot...woohoo!!! And I love the card....so sunny and pretty...those flowers have been a fav of mine since the first time I saw them :) Hugs...Janie

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE that image! Looks fabulous with the vellum sentiment

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful design! I love your sweet daisies and the soft blue....lovely card! So happy to have you playing along with us for June and July.

Lisa Elton said...

This makes me think of my daisy loving SIL!! Very pretty and summery Mynn!

Rosmarie said...

WOW! Gorgeous image / card! Love the torned edge and the sentiment on vellum - clever idea to keep it on place with rhinestones!!
Hugs, Rosi

Barbara said...

Welcome as the party quest to Seize the Birthday. Your card is seriously cute. I had to see how you did it, and was surprised to learn it is all digital. I am just starting to work with digital images. Yours are fantastic and I look forward to seeing more,

Fabiola said...

c'est super joli Mynnette, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

oh my goodness.... this is so so gorgeous Mynn! Such a beautiful color combo too! Congrats on your guest designer spot at Seize the Birthday! Hugs D

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful coloring on your daisies - love the vellum panel!

Nancy said...

Hi Mynn! I am so excited to have you join the design team and I for the next two months! Your card is so pretty and beautifully colored! I really love the sentiment too! Have a great week!

Jodene said...

Hi Mynn! It's so great to have you as guest designer with us over at Seize The Birthday. This card is pure sunshine, I love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Saw this on Seize the Birthday and what a beautiful card it is! You're amazing! Visited your shop, also. Great stuff!

Carrie said...

Mynn, I just saw your card over at Seize the Birthday and had to hop over to your blog to tell you how much I LOVE it! That torn paper panel on the side is a brilliant design I'll have to try out sometime soon! It creates a really fun effect! Also, that's a great tip about using those rhinestones to keep the vellum in place. Then you don't have to worry about hiding noticeable glue dots or other adhesives. Hope you are doing well and keeping up with summer school and all your DT work! Blessings, Carrie