Thursday, June 1, 2017

House of Cards: Summer Blog Hop


Hi, all! Happy June! I hope your summer is off to a fun and fabulous start! It's time to celebrate the end of the first term at House of Cards and we have a super fun challenge for you! You should have arrived here from the HOC blog, but if not, make sure to stop by there for a full list of the hoppers! Remember, this hop only lasts until the 15th, so don't wait! Come join us today using this fabulous inspiration...


Isn't that the epitome of summer? I LOVE the beach and all the inspiration that it brings! I was inspired by the blue, white, and kraft colors plus the beach feel this photo has. Take a peek at my completed card...


I used Photoshop to create my focal panel using digital stamps from the Sea Creatures set by MHKDesigns and some brushes. I added a few white enamel dots to mimic more "clouds" and give a bit more dimension, aside from the sentiment.


The edges of the panel were distressed and I also added faux stitching for even more texture. I love the way this turned out! It's perfect for a guy's birthday or for anyone who loves the beach! What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Your next step on the hop is Judy's blog!  Make sure to stop by all the other gals' blogs to see what they have in store--they ALWAYS amaze me!  Have fun!  Happy hopping, all! :)

 photo Signature copy_2.png

Project supplies:

16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is a gorgeous beach scene, Mynn! I love the little bird in the white!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Fabiola said...

Très joli effet de transparence, biz

Julia Aston said...

what a great ocean scene!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the white bird in the foreground, this is wonderful!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love, love, LOVE this, Mynn! Makes me long for a day at the beach.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Donna said...

What a gorgeous scene you created Mynn, very serene and peaceful!

Mary Holshouser said...

A beautiful scene.
Love the water going into the sky.
The sandy beach is great.
The bird is watching the "bubbles".
fantastic.
thanks for sharing.

Doris Klein said...

WOW... that' awesome!!! Fantastic colours...

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#6 – Beginning of the summer (let the sun shine)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Julie Odil said...

Love your card, Mynn! I need Photoshop, then I need lessons!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your pretty beach scene card!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your card Mynn!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Tanvi said...

Gorgeous scene!

ScrappySandie said...

Great beach card! Love the wide-open sand and water feel the card portrays!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful card, Mynn! That bird is so lovely in white! I'm a LONG way from the ocean, so I love to see cards like this! :o)

Kleri said...

Fantastic beach scene!Thank you for sharing