Saturday, October 15, 2011

Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


I never share recipes here, but this is one of my favorites. Since fall/autumn is upon us and I've been sick lately, I've been craving this yummy soup! So, I made me a giant crockpot of it this weekend and have been loving it each day. I thought I'd share my recipe--I think it's the best chicken noodle you'll ever have. But I'm partial, as it is my mommy's recipe. :)

Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients~
*8 cups chicken broth
*1 cup carrots, sliced
* 1/2 cup celery, chopped (I never add this--celery is YUCKY)
or 1 T. celery flakes (this is do-able)
* 1/2 cup onion, chopped (I use about 2 T. dried minced onions
as my DH doesn't like the texture of onions)
*1 T. parsley flakes
*2 cups chicken, chunked
*1 can cream of chicken soup
*1/2 pkg. cooked egg noodles

Instructions~
*Add all but last two ingredients in a crock pot and simmer on low
for 6-8 hrs. or on high for 3-4 hrs.
*Add cream of chicken soup and noodles before serving warm.
*EAT the yumminess that your tummy craves.

Hope you make it today! :) Happy cooking! (PS: Should this recipe sharing thing be a regular occurrence?)

Linking up:
Funky Junk
Vision to Remember
Along for the Ride
Tatertots & Jello
Craft Envy
Be Different Act Normal

No comments: