Monday, October 24, 2011

My 200th Post & MUMS the Word! ;D

Hello my dearest blogging friends! I am so happy it's Monday! Why?! Because there is a new challenge up at Make My Monday!!! And THAT blog certainly makes MY Monday! :) This month, the theme is autumn and this week the challenge is to use black and orange...and if you feel so inclined, to add a Halloween element to your projects. I am also using these cards for this year's Gratitude Challenge. (Visit Susan's blog, Simplicity, for more info.--and stop to take a peek at her AMAZING CAS style cards!) I've made 3 cards for your viewing pleasure this evening.

So, back to my title for a second (yes, I am having an ADD type of day...), I'm so very excited because Blogger informed me that this is my 200th post!!! So why, you ask, is MUM the word? That's easy to explain--all of my cards have mums as the main images on them! I feel that mums are definitely an autumnal flower. My mother ALWAYS has mums planted and out from September through November. And I think that they are so sweet! Anyway, back to the cards...

Here is the first~Black Mums~

Isn't that a nice layout? I love it! Of course, I had to add some bling! And a sentiment!

Close up of bling~

Close up of two toned sentiment~

Okay, so I cheated a bit...I made the same card with different colors...I just love this layout so very much! Oh, and instead of ribbon, I used some black and white bakers twine--it kinda looked spider webish! :)

Here it is~ORANGE Mums~

Close up of the bling~

Close up of the two toned sentiment~

This third and last card I would also like to enter into this weeks super duper CAS-ual Friday challenge: Just Add Color.

The challenge was to use any medium to color in your image. I used blender pens...this card has a bit of a Halloween twist to the mums...

I call it CANDY CORN Mums~

You can't really see all the glimmer I added with a clear gel glitter pen...

So here's a closer look!

Isn't that just a super fun card?! I was so ecstatic about the way that it turned out!!! What do YOU think?!

Thank you so much for stopping by! You are certainly a very bright spot in my days! :) I hope that you've been inspired to create something today! Happy stamping--and hope you join us soon! :)

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous cards as always Mynnette, you have used some lovely autumnal colours too
- thank you for joining in again this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Cazro said...

Hi Mynette, your cards are really in the spirit of Autmun (Fall), my favourite is the 3rd. one,. Thanks for your continued and faithful support to MMM. Caz

Bev said...

Gorgeous cards Mynnette, and big Congrats at making Top 3 at MMM again.

Bev.x

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, sweet friends! :)

Aquarius said...

Lovely selection of orange and black cards

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Suzi B said...

As usual Mynnette your cards are fabulous... my favourite is the third one.
Thank you for your coninued support at Make My Monday.
Suzi B x

Fliss said...

These are all fabulous Mynnette. The circular mums look great and I especially love the clean and simple card which is so stylish.
Thanks for joining in with the Make My Monday challenge this week and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Mynn xx said...

Thank you! You all make my day! :)