Thursday, January 21, 2016

MHKDesigns: January Challenge


Hello, everyone!  I am SUPER excited to announce that we are having our FIRST EVER challenge over at MHKDesigns!  We have a really pretty photo/color inspiration for you this month, and I can't wait to see what you create with it!  Take a peek at the inspiration...


Isn't that so pretty?!  I was inspired by the colors and the flowers in the photo for my creation.  I used a few different products from the MHKDesigns store, too.  Here's my completed card...


The roses on this card are from the Simple Rose set.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers, added a bit of glittery goodness, and the fussy cut them out before adding them to my card base.  I used shades of pink for the bloom and turquoise for the leaves.



The sentiment is from the Stencil in the Roses set.  I layered it onto some dark brown cardstock, then added a bit of faux stitching.  I think it looks SO PRETTY nestled into the roses and surrounded by fun embellies!


The patterned paper for the card base is from the Autumnal Accents Paper Pack.  I did more faux stitching to tie in the sentiment, as well as added some leaves, cheesecloth, a doily half (nearly covered, lol), some rhinestones, and fun buttons.  I really love the way this card turned out, and I hope you do, too!  I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you hop over to join in our monthly challenge at MHKDesigns!  There are prizes for each one, and you can use any products you'd like! :) Don't forget to leave some love with the other gals on this wonderful DT, too!


I'll be back soon with more creations using MHKDesigns products!

Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

11 comments:

Peanut said...

This has to be the sweetest shabby chic creation I've seen so far. Beautifully embellished with the cheese cloth and the buttons. Congrats on your first MKHD Challenge! You rock!
hugs Asha

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Mynn.
Sorry I don't have time to join the challenge so busy to make cards.
Gr Karin

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card, Mynn! You've certainly made the most of that lovely colour combo, Jo x

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mynn! These colors are beautiful, and I can't wait to shop and join in your challenge!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow, Mynn! This is really gorgeous! I love those huge pink roses and these layers of color!
Take care!
Michele

Pia S said...

Oh, gorgeous, love the colors and the whole shabby chic look you've created. Congrats on starting a new challenge blog, focusing on your beautiful products.

NanaConnie said...

I love all the texture on this card, Mynn! Gorgeous roses and the cheesecloth is fabulous.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Mynn! I like the glitter added to your pretty pink flowers and all the great embellishments you used to make your image pop! Fabulous challenge! Congrats. Donna

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

The Craft Princess said...

Oh thanks for the reminder....I forgot about the challenge....wouldn't want to miss it, especially your FIRST one :) Hugs...Janie

Lilian said...

Lovely card, Mynn! Love the colors and the layers!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio