Tuesday, November 1, 2016

House of Cards: Lots of Layers and/or Color Inspiration


Happy November, friends!  It's time for another fun challenge at House of Cards, and this month we'd like to see lots of layer and/or have you be inspired by this photo/color inspiration...


I decided to go with lots of layers, and share a card made using digital stamps from MHKDesigns to create a triple time stamping effect.  You can click HERE for a video tutorial on how I was able to do this!  Take a peek at my card...


I used the Blossoming digital stamp set to create the background panels of this card, then layered a sentiment from the Pansy Corner digital stamp set on top after printing it onto vellum.  The flowers were colored with Sakura glitter gel pens and the centers jazzed up with some gold Stickles.


To finish this card off, I added a bit more glitter to the panel edges, along with a smattering of dark pink sequins.  I think this turned out to be a super fun card, and I hope you agree!  I would love to hear your comments below!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends!  I hope you take a bit of time to come and play along with us at House of Cards.  Don't forget to stop by the other DT members' blogs for even MORE amazing inspiration--they always blow me away!  I'll be back later this month with more crafty posts!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Signature copy_2.png

Project supplies:

5 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card, your layers created with your digital are are stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW another beatify Mynn!! Love the vellum sentiment panel!!

foleysfriend said...

Love your beautiful multi-layered card; it has just the right amount of colour (in my opinion). It's stunning.

sue n.
HOC DT

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty card, Mynn! You have a wonderful talent for mixing and matching colors so well! Pretty design with lots of pretty layers!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

SewPaperPaint said...

I love everything about this! BIG WOW!!!