Friday, March 8, 2019

Minty Flower


It's spring break, so I am crafting for myself for the first time in quite a while! It has been so much fun getting back into my craft room, and I can't wait to share my creations with you over the next week or so. :) Today's card is a monochromatic mixed media CAS card...whew, that's a mouthful! Take a peek...


I'm currently trying to use my stash, so I stared by stamping my textures on the background using an old Bo Bunny stamp set with a variety of blue inks from Stampin' Up!. The floral images are a Martha Stewart stamp set that I've had for ages. The main flower was stamped three times and heat embossed, then cut and layered with dimensional foam. Some Stickles add more texture and shine to the center. Those glittery leaves were punched using retired Stampin' Up! punches and glitter paper from my scrap drawer. The sentiment was created by me on the computer, then cut out and blinged up with a few rhinestones.


I very much enjoy this card, even though it has a defect. Can you spot it? Do you still love it, regardless? I hope so! I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


I'm entering this card with these fabulous challenges:








Thank you so much for stopping by, friends! I appreciate those who have stayed with me through my break and now that I am back. Your kind words have meant so much to me! I hope you take some time to craft for yourself today, and, if you do, maybe enter a few of these challenge! Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends!

14 comments:

Nicolette said...

What a beautiful card. I love your colours.
Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog. Are oyu a follower yet? Please do if you want to participate.
Nicolette DT

Caroline said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining our challenge. Are you a follower yet? Please do if you want to participate.
Caroline DT2Sistersontehblog

Unknown said...

Mynn, I love it! The color and design are beautiful! Happy crafting!! Jerrie

Fabiola said...

Frais et tellement joli, biz

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, really striking. Can't see any defect, looks perfect to me! Cathy x

Lisa Elton said...

It's nice to see you getting crafty for yourself! This is beautifully layered Mynn, marvelous card!

Scrappin Sue said...

So pretty
Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges was x

Ann-Marie said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting and hope you will join us again.
Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)

Andree said...

A lovely card. Gorgeous colourway and fabulous composition.
Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Crafting Belle said...

Beautiful card and colours. Thank you for joining us for our Week 10 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

Hugs Lisa Crafting Belle xxx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Omgosh I love this and the colours you’ve use.. perfection xx
Thankyou so much for joining our Friday Challenge at Polkadoodles
Hugs
Debbie xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card great background and love the flower.Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card -love the beautiful flower and textured stamp background.Thank you for joining us at Inky Mess
Carol x

Cathy F said...

I love that design and color! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media