Friday, May 22, 2020

A Heartfelt Thanks Post

 
Hi, friends! Today is a very bittersweet day for me. It's technically the first day of our summer break from school, but the past few months have been anything but normal and very emotionally taxing. I am so grateful for so many thing today, that I had to share a card that expressed that. Take a peek...


This card was made using old stamps from my stash. I used a heart that looks like a stamp because all of my love for my students has had to be posted somewhere and not in person. I used a Sakura gel pen to create the shiny faux black vinyl letters. A couple of black enamel gems finished this CAS, one layer card.


I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to teach my 27 students this year. Before we left for spring break, I had a moment at the end of a day where I looked out at them all engaged and learning on their own accord, and my heart was FULL. I realized how much they had grown, and I cannot say how thankful I am just for that small moment and experience to help carry me through the last 8 weeks. I also have so much gratitude for the staff and parents I was blessed to work with this year. There is NO WAY I would have been able to do this without them!


I am entering this creation into these fabulous challenges~






Thank YOU so much for stopping by today! If you read my post, I appreciate your willingness to listen to me today. I hope that you take some time today to thank someone close to you. You never know when you will see them next, so don't wait! Until next time, HUGS and happy crafting, friends!


8 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE that fun stamp that you used!!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm sure they're grateful for you too Mynn! Your card is adorable. What a great heart image!

Sioban said...

This looks very simple but just making those letters look just right for a start is hard. It’s a great card that says it all.

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Perfect thank you card. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Fabiola said...

sobre et très beau, biz

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

What a beautiful card: I can hardly believe it that you wrote the sentiment with a gelly rol pen: beautifully done! Thank you for sharing your creation at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog!

Leanne said...

Wonderful card, love the CAS of it, and says so much, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/KC

TracyM #6773 said...

WONDERFUL card!
LOVE your CHEERY design and BOLD colour combo!
Thank You for joining our Anything Goes with Team Lou challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

PS - sorry that our linky went wonky, your card has been added to the challenge linky and is entry #63