Monday, November 7, 2011

Guy Fawkes Inspired Card

Well...I'm a few days late. ;D Guy Fawkes Day was Saturday, and this week at LIM, the challenge is to use red and orange--bonfire colors!!!

Here's what I came up with~

What do you think? When I first stamped the black onto the orange panel, I was afraid that the card would turn out too Halloweeny instead of autumnal. But I think it works with the berries!

Speaking of the berries--that's where the red it! I used blender pens to color in these lined images.

Close ups~


Yep, that's glitter--to add a bit of frost to the image! I don't know about you, but it's been a bit chilly here in Kansas for the past few days! :)

I hope that you like my Guy Fawkes card! I had a blast making it! Hope you can join us for this fun challenge! Happy stamping! :)

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just love those frosted berries and the circles punched to show them off! It doesn't look a bit Halloweeny.

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh what a pretty autumn card! These berries are fun and I love the bit of frost you gave them!!

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Mynnette, gorgeous design.
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jose said...

What a lovely idea, beautiful card

Aileen said...

Lovely design and I really like your frosted berries! x

Julie said...

I like the frosted berries as well and the stamp behind the front panel! Great design. Thanks for visiting my new blog!

Anne said...

Hi Mynette not Halloween at all, definitely Autumn, lovely berries!
Anne
x

Suzilou said...

Love your berry stamp and great layout :)

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, ladies!!! :)

Rosemary said...

wowee!!! absolutely GORGEOUS card!

Jenny said...

Definitely not Halloweeniee in any way, the black images balance out the sentiment perfectly! Gorgeous colouring and love the frosting detail too :)
Jenny x

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous design Mynnette, love the punched windows with the stamped images. Great layout:)
Val x

Mynn xx said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

Sally H said...

Wow, Mynnette! That is stunning! I love it