Saturday, February 1, 2020

Christmas 24: Embossing


Hello, friends! I am SO excited to be sharing another card created for the *NEWEST* holiday card challenge, Christmas 24! If you follow along, you will have 24 cards made before the Christmas holiday each year! Challenges are biweekly on the 1st and 15th of the month, and this time's challenge is EMBOSSING: HEAT OR DRY.  Take a peek at my creation...


I used an older stamp set from Hero Arts for the stamped image. I added highlights to the wreath image with Sakura glitter gel pens. I also added some texture by roughing up the edges of the white part of my focal panel.


For the bottom of my focal panel, I added some twine I recently purchased from The Dollar Tree, some punched leaves (punch by Stampin' Up!) that were also highlighted with gel pen, a paper flower from my stash, and a few enamel dots from The Stamps of Life.


The embossing folder I used is by Darice and was purchased from Consumer Crafts. I love the way it frames my focal panel with a lovely floral feel! I truly adore the way this simply card turned out! What do you think? Please leave me a comment below to let me know your thoughts!


I'm entering this card into these fabulous challenges~


(3 enamel dots, 3 leaves, grps. of 3 berries)



Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends! Please come join us at Christmas 24, and don't forget to leave some love with the other members of this fabulous team! Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping!


13 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Christmas design. I love all the texture!

The Craft Princess said...

Beautiful card!!! Nice bright colors and embossing....and I really like the twine. Why is it I haven't entered this challenge??? A great way to get Christmas cards made and I really think I need to do this :) Hugs...Janie

The Craft Princess said...

LOL I left my comment on the wrong post!!! Actually I don't know where I left my comment...LOL But I will try again. Beautiful card!!! I love the bright colors and embossing and I really like the twine. What a great way to get all your Christmas cards made! Why haven't I entered this challenge??? I think I might have to give it a try :) Hugs...Janie

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely holiday wreath ... so glad you shared your trios with us at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful clean layers Mynn, this is lovely!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Great Holiday card. Lisa from Brown Sugar: Anything Goes

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW what a beautiful wreath and i love the sparkly bits AND the trio of trios, not to mention that awesome TWINE! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun this fortnight! ♥

Fabiola said...

Oh mais que c'est joli? Biz

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Mynn - love this card - the embossed background works so well with the lovely Christmas wreath. Great work, Deborah xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Beautiful shade of green and love the embossing. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Judy V said...

Beautiful card Mynn! Thanks for joining us for Week 5 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

Ann-Marie said...

Your card is just gorgeous and beautifully designed. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)
My Little Patch of Heaven

Lorraine said...

This is really so pretty. I love the red and green combination with those berries and the twine is a great addition.