Monday, October 9, 2023

Let Us Form a Calming Circle

 Hello, friends! I posted a few days ago that I had seen new sets at Vera Lane Studio with images inspired by Hocus Pocus, so of course I HAD to get these amazing sets! I already shared my card with Winifred, and today I am back with Mary!


I used a die set from The Stamps of Life for my card base and some of the layering pieces--specifically the ones on the "top". The BOO! sentiment is from Great Impressions and, unfortunately, not available anymore.

I used the Vera Lane Studio sentiment as the prop up for this easel card. The spider web pattern is from another Great Impressions stamp. The patterned papers I used are from Honeybee Stamps. I colored the image with alcohol markers before fussy cutting it and adding it to the front with dimensional foam.

I had a ton of fun making this card, and I love the way it turned out! For one of the challenges I am entering, I have to explain why I like either Halloween or Fairies better, and I chose this card to enter for that reason! I LOVE Halloween. It's a time of year when children get excited and you get to dress up as someone or something else. As a teacher, it is one of my absolute favorite times of the school year because of all the fall fun we can have! I do love fairies, but if they are in competition with Halloween, Halloween has to win. Also...it includes fairies, technically! ;) 

I am entering this creation into the following fabulous challenges~

As You Like It: Halloween or Fairies & WHY

CD Sunday Plus: Anything CD/USB/Digital

Crafting Happiness: Halloween

Make My Monday: Autumn Colors

Inspiration Station: Inspiration Photo


Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends! I hope you take some time to create soon and, if you can, enter some or all of these amazing challenges! Until next time, HUGS and happy crafting, friends!

Mynn xx

6 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card, I love the style and fun character. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Pamela said...

I love Halloween and this card is great! I like the sentiment!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

I really like your cute little witch, such a fun card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

An unusual card. I love it.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Heather said...

So cute, Mynn, I Laughed out loud at that sentiment! Such a fun Halloween card - love these characters! And great bright colors! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Sue Jackson said...

What a great Halloween easel card! I really love the curved part around BOO! Thanks for playing along with our autumn colors challenge at Make My Monday! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT