Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yummy New Year Snacks!

Okay, nobody commented on my last post, so I'm movin' on! I've found myself becoming more domestic this break...mainly because I have the time to. I love quick and easy snacks and since it's almost New Years, I thought I would share some quick and easy snacks that are sure to please hungry guests! I hope you try them and like them! Sorry no pics, but we already ate the evidence... :) Happy crafting!


Yummy Crackers

12-14 oz. oyster crackers

2 t. garlic powder
3 t. ranch powder

1/3 c. oil

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently until all crackers are covered. Spread onto foil lined pan. Let set for at least an hour, stirring every so often. Enjoy!

Homemade Cocoa

1 c. sugar
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1/4 t. salt

3 c. water
9 c. milk (can use powdered milk)

1 can evaporated milk
2 t. vanilla


Mix sugar, salt and cocoa in saucepan. Add water. Boil for 2 min. stirring constantly. Place all ingredients in crock pot. Heat on LOW 4-5 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.

Snowballs
Vanilla ice cream
Coconut

Hot Fudge

Let ice cream soften just a bit. Form into balls. Roll in coconut. Place in freezer until ready to serve. Serve topped with hot fudge. Mix it up: use different ice cream flavors!

Quick Caramel Corn

12 c. popped popcorn
6 T. margarine or butter
1/2 c. brown sugar

6 large marshmallows (approx. 2 c. marshmallow--can use small ones or creme)

Combine margarine and brown sugar in microwave safe dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add marshmallow and stir until melted. Pour over popped corn and toss to evenly coat. Shape into balls or spread onto waxed paper until cool and dry. Peanuts can be added also. This recipe doesn't get hard and stick to your teeth!!!

No comments: