Thursday, July 21, 2011

Make My Monday!

Okay, so it's Thursday...but I just discovered this awesome online challenge!!! (Details here)

So, the challenge for this week's Make My Monday challenge is to make a card that is shabby chic with something torn or crumpled. I have to say, this was hard for me. Not the torn or crumpled part, just the shabby chic part. I am not very good at that type of design, but I think I pulled it off...did I?! Here's my submission:


The torn or crumpled part are the layered papers to the left and the crumpled rosette...I know it doesn't look crumpled, but I did crumple it! :P Thanks for taking a look--I hope you're inspired to design something for an online challenge today! Happy designing!!!!!

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a fabulous card - I love all your layers and your backing papers are gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday this week - hope to see you again. Jacqueline xx.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, I love the soft colours.

Cazro said...

You certainly did pull it off. Your card is very shabby chic, love the colours. So pleased you found us at Make My Monday, hope to see you again, Caz

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love the lovelynsoft colours on your card and the fab rosette and the lovelympapers, in fact love it all.

Marie

Sara said...

You stopped by my blog a few days ago (http://pardonthemess.com) and I thought I would return the favor :)

I just have to say that card is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! Love the crumpled flower!

Have you ever considered doing art like this with digital scrapbooking kits?