Saturday, July 30, 2011

PDCC #92 Coral, Petal Pink, Antiqe Gold


This week's Play Date Cafe Challenge is definitely a color scheme I would NEVER in a million years have been put together! Coral, petal pink and antique gold. But I have to say, they truly inspired me and I love them!

I love my Pocket Silhouettes set from Stampin' Up! and I haven't used it in a while, so I immediately knew that I wanted to use that set.

I also knew that my gold elastic cord and gold embossing powder would play a big part. I rooted around in my MILLIONS of pieces of designer series paper to find one that looked gold-ish-- and literally struck gold! ;D

I hope you can play along with this challenge, and I hope you like my final product! Thanks for dropping by--happy stamping!

11 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I think I have that stamp....it looks wonderful in embossed gold. The whole card is beautiful.

Judy said...

Hi Mnnette this card is just stunning. I love the colors...
Have a wonderful day.
Judy

Vicky Hayes said...

This is so inspirational Minette! To emboss the grass image in gold and to put them with the pink and coral - it's produced the most stunning effect!

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, ladies!!! :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous embossing! Beautiful colors and lovely image...great job!

Maria said...

Just took a stroll through your blog and noticed great cards! I'm now a new follower! Take care!:-))

Andrea Ewen said...

What lovely gold embossing and that cord "ties" into your card perfectly! Awesome use of our colors, thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card...the embossing makes a great bold statement!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks so much, ladies!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--LOVE that gold embossing--it looks GREAT with that cord and beautiful pink/coral! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Esther Asbury said...

Very pretty card! Love how CAS and yet elegant it is!